Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Rizoma Radiator Cover Warning!!!!!

1K views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  DucGasm 
G
#1 ·
Got my New Radiator Cover from Santa...Boy it looks good..Got up to 72 degrees today fired the S4 up went for a ride...So far So good..Got a block from the house showing off for the kids in the hood...Got on the brakes hard lofted the rear wheel looking good then heard a big pop..Bye Bye carbon fiber front fender. After removing the fender to get fixed (two big cracks on both side..)We tested the front suspension pushed it down and the tire will hit the cover....Beware!!!!!

#2 ·
Have you raised the fork legs in the triples?

Just curious about how much tire/fender to radiator clearance I have...

G
#4 ·
vtwinman,
I think you answered my question. I have another thread about a popping sound when coming off a wheelie. I had checked everything, but it didn't occur to me that the radiator cover might be the culprit.

I have also noticed a decrease in turning radius with the rizoma cover. It rubs against the "black semi-lunar" peice mounted behind the forks.

Did you mount the cover with or without the factory radiator side protectors? I wasn't sure how exactly they were supposed to be mounted, and the fit wasn't that great so I left mine on.

chris

G
#5 ·
damn that stinks... i had a sneaky impression that thing was wasn't thought out thuroughly considering the tight clearances in their picture gallary.

i've always been under the impression that rizoma products have more form than function, particularly when the bike isn't moving. i mean their rear sets look like an erector set kit.

G
#6 ·
I mounted it without the side covers...It don't matter now I guess I will take it back off put the little side covers on and hope nothing gets thrown in the Radiator..I have made it 6000 miles with no problems..Be it sure sucks because the cover looks really nice....VTM

G
#7 ·
I also have some Rizoma Mirrors and I think your right their stuff really looks good but you can't see out of the mirrors very well and the Radiator cover hits the front wheel....VTM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.