Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an S2R 800 Monster and it came with Rhizome mirrors, Dynamic or Radial, I think.
They look great and perform well, if I want to see how my forearms are looking, but for seeing traffic behind me, not so good.
I have to lean over to see anything behind me and I feel that I take too much time trying to look at what's behind me in the mirror and that takes away from looking at what's in front of me.
Does anyone else have these?
Do I just not have them adjusted properly?
As far as I can tell they are adjusted as far out as they can go.
Because they came with the bike, there was no installation instructions of any sort, and I’ve not found anything on the Rizoma website.
Any help for better adjustment would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
you might be able to get a little more picture if you flip the mounts around. they are offset and the instructions usually say to have them come off the bar toward the rider. I put some on the other way and it helped. so basically you'll unscrew the little "L" shaped thingy from the mirror and switch it to the other side. Keep the bar mounting bolts where they are, though, one is left hand threaded ( I think).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the mirrors.
I hope they are clear enough to see what type they are in the photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
those are the dynamics. I had those. They ain't gettin' any wider. I wonder if you face them both towards the center and look out between your arms and torso.... that would look crazy, and you probably couldn't see anything, but it's an idea.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah, I have those.

If you push the outside edge further than you'd think, they hit your blind spot perfectly, but you can never look for Sneeky Crown Vics AND see if the lane next to you is clear...sigh....but man they look amazing.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
flsurfdog said:
How adjustable are those mirrors? Like how far up and down, forward and back and rotation and stuff.
if you spin the stalks they go up and down about 3 inches. in and out is all mirror head rotation.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
stalk is 1, mirror bolt is 2, mount is 3... not problem. It's not like the cool stuff ever comes with labels or instructions.

sometimes I wish I hadn't sold mine because they looked great and were really cool. Then I read your questions and remember why I boxed them back up and let them go. I just felt a bit too unsafe using them. But everybody loved looking at them when I was parked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.