Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard was it to install the license plate kit from rizoma?
and how long did it take to install?
also hows the wiring?
pls post pics

I hate my comp werks kit, I think its cheaply made and the wiring is terrible

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know about Rizoma, but...

how hard was it to install the license plate kit from rizoma?
and how long did it take to install?
also hows the wiring?
pls post pics

I hate my comp werks kit, I think its cheaply made and the wiring is terrible
Don't know about the Rizoma, but Ducati makes a short tail license plate kit for the Monster that looks pretty sharp. The problem is that it's not cheap and hard to find right now. Part # 96768109B. A couple dealers I talked to said it's a popular item and on back order. If you can find one let me know where?
Just another option for you. I think CW kit looks cheap too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found the Ducati short tail kit at Ace Motorsport in Concord, CA. They have a few in stock! Phone # (925) 969-7818, if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I installed the Rizoma tailchop myself, took about an hour and a half. I was being very cautious though. It's pretty simple.

I'm selling it if you haven't already bought one. I have a different plan now for my tail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know about the Rizoma, but Ducati makes a short tail license plate kit for the Monster that looks pretty sharp. The problem is that it's not cheap and hard to find right now. Part # 96768109B. A couple dealers I talked to said it's a popular item and on back order. If you can find one let me know where?
Just another option for you. I think CW kit looks cheap too!
Do you still get swamp ass (water sprayed on your back) with that short tail kit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with the poor quality of the Comp Werks kit. I replaced mine with the Evotech and it was only $25 more than the Comp Werks kit. It took me 1/2 hr to install and it looks really good. It looks like its factory and best of all gives a little more space for storage under the seat. I have a tire repair kit in that space now. Highly recommended mod! (Check monsterparts)

Pic of the evotech installed on my 696:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums...da-windshield-installed-pics.html#post2320150

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you still get swamp ass (water sprayed on your back) with that short tail kit?
No swamp ass for me, although I can't recall riding through too much water yet. The nice thing for me about this tail kit is that the license plate sticks out a little behind the rear seat. It gives the back end a nice look with a little fender action.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts

You still get a swamp ass with a short tail kit, not so much as with a previous Monster model, but ypu your ass is getting wet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you sold the rizoma kit yet? if not how much do you want (i live in Toronto Ontario) does it come with detailed instructions?
-Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts