Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Rizoma track 01 LED indicators the other night.
(they look mint by the way)
Anyways, they blink alittle fast for my liking, so i added the resistor that PJ supplied with them. Slowed the rate down to normal.

So what the problem, you ask?

The resistor, within no time at all, heats up to a temperature that would fry an egg during operation!
is this normal?
I am now worried about where to mount the resistors. I dont want them melting anything.

Anyone encountered this problem?

·
Banned
897 Posts
There has been endless discussion of LED signals. If you do a search, you'll probably find more info than you care to have.
To answer your question, yes the resistors get hot. That's how they work. The reason your directionals are bilnking fast is that the flashrate is determined thermaly. The LEDs use less energy so the flasher cycles faster. The resistor puts a load back in so the flasher acts normally. The truly simple, clean, easy way to fix the flash rate is to use a flasher that is made for LEDs. no heat, no extra connections to fail, no sweat. Ca Cycleworks sells 'em, I got mine off Fleabay.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ddan [thumbsup]
appreciate ur feedback.
i wasnt aware of these issues. now i am.
cheers :).

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
very interesting... 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.