Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How complicated is it to install the Rizoma fluid tanks. Do I have to bleed the brake lines etc.? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
How complicated is it to install the Rizoma fluid tanks. Do I have to bleed the brake lines etc.? Thanks
I installed clutch, rear, and front brake reservoirs by pinching the hose tightly shut a little below the reservoir and then making the swap and re-filling. I then tapped on the top of the hose to get the air bubbles out. Finally removed my clamp from the hose and didn't need to bleed.

One thing I did notice was that the hose connections on the Rizoma reservoirs were slightly larger in diameter than stock. This requires either a slightly larger hose clamp or a lot of patience and fiddling with the stock hose clamp to fit it back on.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I installed clutch, rear, and front brake reservoirs by pinching the hose tightly shut a little below the reservoir and then making the swap and re-filling. I then tapped on the top of the hose to get the air bubbles out. Finally removed my clamp from the hose and didn't need to bleed.

One thing I did notice was that the hose connections on the Rizoma reservoirs were slightly larger in diameter than stock. This requires either a slightly larger hose clamp or a lot of patience and fiddling with the stock hose clamp to fit it back on.

Hope this helps.
Not a good idea, you really should bleed the lines. I could almost guarantee you still have air in the lines with this method. I've replaced my OEM reservoirs with Rizoma's on both my bikes and ALWAYS bleed the lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not a good idea, you really should bleed the lines. I could almost guarantee you still have air in the lines with this method. I've replaced my OEM reservoirs with Rizoma's on both my bikes and ALWAYS bleed the lines.
I've bled 2 of the 3 lines due to other modifications. Maybe I will bleed the 3rd line also.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I've bled 2 of the 3 lines due to other modifications. Maybe I will bleed the 3rd line also.
Better safe than sorry, I got caught with air in my clutch line on my 900ss years ago. Fortunately I was only about 20 miles from home after a long weekend trip and was able to make it home in second gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What size are the reservoirs? I was looking at these on their website but they do not describe them as "front brake reservoir for M1100".
Looks like rear brake and the clutch are the same size.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What size are the reservoirs? I was looking at these on their website but they do not describe them as "front brake reservoir for M1100".
Looks like rear brake and the clutch are the same size.
I wondered the same thing. I ended up seeing three rizoma sizes (call them small, medium, and large). They correspond to rear brake, clutch, and front brake respectively. The rear brake one has a bottom discharge. The other two have side discharge. The clutch one is only slightly bigger than rear brake, but the mounting point and discharge make the right selection important.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to get out of tangent but swankdaddy7 on the pick you posted is this SpeedyMoto Kukri Pro pressure plate with Rizoma cover? Looks good! I was thinking about the same combination.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to get out of tangent but swankdaddy7 on the pick you posted is this SpeedyMoto Kukri Pro pressure plate with Rizoma cover? Looks good! I was thinking about the same combination.
Yes, that is the Kukri Pro with the Rizoma cover. I'm happy with the way it looks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got the reservoirs, do you think I should also get Rizoma brackets/risers? The brackets that came in the package have very low rise. Does this matter? I don't want to spend additional $100 if i don't have to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I would love to fit these to my M796 as both the clutch and brake reservoirs leak a lot.
Do I have to buy the whole new lever set? It seems the stock brake and clutch reservoirs are all one piece with the brake lever etc.

thanks
Gregor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts