Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the fence about the Rizoma Conical Bars. I want something with less pullback than the stock chrome bars on my M750, more of a straight-across bar. Do these fit the bill?

I'd especially like to hear from people who have rode them. There are a few DMLers who have had (and sold) them, which worries me a little. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm ordering a set of 29mm bars today. Based on quick eyeball and dial caliper inspection of photo and Rizoma dimensions I'm figuring them to be about 25mm/1" taller, sweep is tough to determine. Bar manufacturers do not spec the same - probably intentionally.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm really pleased with them. They're about an inch higher and closer but not quite as wide as the oem bars. I'll send you pics if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Matt C. said:
I'm really pleased with them. They're about an inch higher and closer but not quite as wide as the oem bars. I'll send you pics if you'd like.
Glad to hear this!

Based on Rizoma's dimensions the bars are 28.346" wide, I believe the stock bars measure 29.5"

Comfort and steering damper issue resolved.

Are the sweep and drop profiles similar to the stock bars?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Matt!

As far as the difference form stock, it probably depends upon what year bike you have. I'm guessing the conicals are lower and flatter than stock bars on my 2001 M750. Newer monsters seem to have lower, flatter bars than mine to begin with.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
i have been looking for a bar that is flatter for my 2001 900. i like the newer style bars. i dont want the cost of changing top yoke so i ordered the standard 22mm rizoma bars from pjs parts. i should get next week. on web site the shape seems the same between the standard and conicals except for diameter. i can let you know when i get them what i think if you want.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
cbm900, you don't need to change out the top triple. The adapter for the conicals is a bolt on item (thats the 20mm increase in height).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They also make new risers that bolt on, if you have the removable stock risers. They come in 40mm and 60mm I think. I like the beefier look of the conicals, but the standard 22mm would save about $100. Worth considering.

Post some pics when you get them, cbm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts