Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

In the Rizoma clipon instruction sheet it calls for grease to be put on the bolts that secure the rod to the part that sits on the top of the fork.

Anyone have a clue what kinda grease I should be using?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I'd use anti-seize compound
Yup!, Stainless or Titanium bolts will bind with aluminum and you might not be able to take them off again if some sort of anti-seize is not used.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have an S2R 1000 and I am thinking of clip-ons as well. Do you have them mounted below or above the top triple clamp? If above, what did the extra inch or so of fork tube shortening do to your handling? Thanks, Smitty ( [email protected] )

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have an S2R 1000 and I am thinking of clip-ons as well. Do you have them mounted below or above the top triple clamp? If above, what did the extra inch or so of fork tube shortening do to your handling? Thanks, Smitty ( [email protected] )
The Rizoma clip-on kit is an 'above' kit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey,

In the Rizoma clipon instruction sheet it calls for grease to be put on the bolts that secure the rod to the part that sits on the top of the fork.

Anyone have a clue what kinda grease I should be using?
Anti seize compound or if not available, uh?, I use ATF, just a little on the finger and then on the screw initial threads and voila...

my 0.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts