Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a monster with the rizoma bars at a local shop. DO you have to drop the front fork to mount the rizoma clipons?

The reason I ask is bause unlike most clipons, the rizomas actually bolt onto the triple clamp stock holes so its not just hanging on to the fork tubes. That means you don't need much of a lip to ensure a secure mount.

Look at the pic, it looks like the clipons are even ABOVE the front forks! Does that look right to everyone else????

·
Registered
796 Posts
Re: Rizoma Clipons -- do you need to lower the for

It looks like the forks are up about 1/2 inch off the triple and they sit below the rizomas. I think you would still need to raise the fork tubes up some but not as much as some other clip ons. By the way, those look really nice, how much?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

I had those clip-ons on my bike a while back. I believe monsters have at least 2 ammounts of forks showing above the tripple. On my 01' m750 they installed without having to rase the forks. The RIZOMAS have a lip on the top that makes it look like they could use the forks raised up a bit, but that's not the case.

I've seen monsters where the stock ammount of fork showing is VERY VERY small, you would have to raise up the forks in that case.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It looks like the forks are up about 1/2 inch off the triple and they sit below the rizomas. I think you would still need to raise the fork tubes up some but not as much as some other clip ons. By the way, those look really nice, how much?
Im guessing because the mounting is not dependant only on the fork you really don't need to raise the tubes.

I think they run around $250 -- not too bad considering that they also cover the hole left from removing the stockers.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I had those clip-ons on my bike a while back.

·
Registered
796 Posts

One thing to look out for, the brackets that hold the actual bar part look pretty big and may cause problems with the stock brake and clutch master cylinders.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Those are the clip-ons (black version)that we have on my wife's M900. They have a flush fit without droping the front end. No problems with the stock clucht and front brake master cylinder .
They look great and she love them ;D
Shoot me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a close up pic.

Erick.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I noticed these have risers -- how do they compare to the stock handlebar height? Do they even drop the height that much, if at all?

·
Registered
97 Posts

They do drop the height, I will guess at least 1.5".
Katie like them a lot, better sport position than the stock one.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

that top lip was above my fork tubes yes. I removed them because they were to wide for my taste, and not adjustable at all.

If they "fit you" then I would say get them..they look REALLY nice

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

damnit inside I was secretly hoping that someone would say they look like crap so I wouldnt be tempted!! ;D

Anyone know if there is a kit without the risers or are the risers removable?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts