Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted the Rizoma clip ons which also bolt into the stock riser holes?
How do the angles relate to the stock bars?
I like the looks but it would seem your stuck with their angles due to the mounting location.

That said, any further suggestions on above-the-clamp clip ons?
('00 M900)

TIA!

And may I just add; superb site!
THE most comprehensive and informative Monster site going.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hello... yeah this site is great! To answer your question with MY opinion...... Over, under... doesnt matter. I think you can mount pretty much any clip on over or under... you might have to lower the front a bit to go over the triple but you also might have to raise the bike to go under. I think you end up pretty much in the same place and would be hard pressed to really feel a difference in handling. The Rizomas are a nice unit though with a good although non adjustable sweep. I ordered some for my bike but they will not work with 02+ due to the difference in the stock riser. Personally though I think the best bang for the buck clip on has to be the ones going on EBAY right now for about $75 (gold ones). I have Cycle cats and I like them alot but you pay a premium. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have the RIZOMAS and do not like them much. They look really nice. But they aren't angled in and down as much as I would like, and you can't change that. They are MUCH better than the stock handlebars however. I'm in the process of replacing them. So I'd say they are awesome if you like the position they come in...the shape of the tube clamps fits in nice with the stock DUC parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

Something like the picture posted of the yellow bike but with some rise would be the business. (I can't seem to find them on eBay)

Too far over and I set up like concrete due to arthritis but conversely stock bars don't allow me enough stretch.

I remember years ago we'd hold a stick in each hand, out at your normal riding position, and bend bars to fit that natural angle.
Talk about comfortable...but UGLY, what with blued bars where you torched & bent.

Cycle Cat has the right idea, but those I think would be too low as well, or can they be mounted over the clamp?

·
Registered
117 Posts
;)

They are well-made. If you like infinite adjustability, however, CycleCat ones are the way to go. To me they are just too expensive. Granted they are borderline jewelry and very adjustable, the simple ones that I have are comfortable enough for me. Maybe up/down angle adjustability would add extra comfort, but I'm quite happy without it. Plus I got them for $60 on ebay :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
mtm,

are you able to move the controls inboard with the rizomas any more than you have now? It looks like there may be another 1/2-3/4" of room, but can't tell from the pics. One think I don't like about the stock bars on my 620 is how wide they are -- I'l like to move in each side about an inch, if possible. I may just cut the stock bars down when I change grips this winter, but if its a good excuse to get clips ons....

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
mine are not made by Rizoma. Yes, there is room to move the controls inboard. Check the link to pics a few posts up for a better idea

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm looking for clip on's as well. The only brand i can Get info on Locally (In Australia) is Tomeselli. I'd like to see a picture before i buy them.

Anyone got a website or a link that show's a picture of Tomeselli Clip On's?? I've tried all the search engines & had no luck.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I have Rizomas. They're way more confortable than the stock handle bar. You can play with the bar to adjust it in and out for better confort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts