Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing a pair of Rizoma clip-ons on my 2000 M900 and I notice at full stop the clamps hit the tank on both sides. I don't think my steering stops are damaged. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this. I may just glue a piece of plastic on each side of the tank to keep it form damaging the paint. I'm almost thinking about going with some cheaper clip-ons but really like the look of the Rizoma setup. Also, I want to put some napoleon bar end mirrors on. Do I need to get an adapter to fit in the smaller hole of the clip-ons as opposed to handlebars?

Jason

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Why not simply adjust the stops so there's no interference?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know I could do that. You can tell from my 2 posts that I'm new to the mod game. So far I have changed my oil, fixed my broken tach, and with Strati's direction cored my pipes. So how exactly do I adjust the stops?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look under the lower clamp. There should be 2 allen screws with jam nuts on them. Hold the screw with the allen wrench, loosen the jam nut, and adjust to the desired position. Remember to re-tighten the jam nuts.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to get you excited about some type of sale.

Thanks for the other info guys. I would have glued something stupid on my tank had I not known. Anyone know about how the napoleons mount on clip ons? I'm wondering if they can fit in the smaller diameter holes on the clip ons, or do they clamp around the bar?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Steering is already too limited on the Monster, IMO not worth adjusting for some shiny non-adjustable clipons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts