Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I would like to raise the bar on my new 695 - who makes a good cheap riser? Or, should I just get a couple machined myself? How much leeway do I have to raise the bar before I would need to replace the lines for longer ones? Am I a fool to think that I might get an inch of extra length if I swivel the banjo ends a bit? I am also looking for a reach adjustable lever for the clutch and front brake controls - where could I find a good deal on those? I like the CRG's but I'm not quite that flush with cash. Are my levers the same type as the ones for the monster 620? Mucho appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 on gen mar riser. I installed one after a very painful biketoberfest. Doubled my 0-backache time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have been trying to justify the purchase of the crg's since august. i just got 'em and put them on my m695 this afternoon (shorties, large pivot). i also got the clutch switch fix for crg's from fellow board member "pnut" (http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=70169.msg895165#msg895165) too. i'm very pleased with the crg's and pnut's fab tab! my bike went over on it's side when parked a few weeks ago and the oem brembo's (brake side) bent back, so it was just the excuse needed to plunk down the $. with that said, you may be able to find some under the retail. i did a search and found some, but ended up buying from my local dealership. don't let the dealers and parts people tell you that you need the small pivot. you definitely need the large pivot ones. they didn't listen to my worries and info that i had received from this board and elsewhere and ended up having to return the small ones they sent me for the large. not only are the pivot holes 4 mm difference in diameter, but the shape of the two are very different.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The other easy way to do it is get a set of S4 bars and upper clamp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts