Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quality riser and top cap to fit my 01 M750 Dark with 7/8 bars. Don't want to replace the whole top triple, just the junky removable riser and top cap.

I spoke with Speedymoto, who had planned to make something (in fact it's in the Spareshack catalog) but they cancelled production. Any suggestions on where to look for something?

Gracias.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rizoma makes a beautiful riser and cap, but it fits on the existing risers, making everything higher. I'm looking to replace the existing riser and cap with something about the same height.

Any other options for completely replacing the stock riser and cap?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Rizomas? [cheeky]

Of course with these you'll have to upgrade to a fat bar (Magura, Rizoma, LSL, Desmoworld, yattah-yattah-yattah)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I may as well share this idea since it's on topic but there is shop in Germany that sells the risers below. My idea was to get a set, cut off the bottom and mill them out a touch to work with the 29mm (fat) bar. They're meant to raise the bars and pull them back a bit but I'd reverse them to drop and move forward the handlebar position. Look at this picture I doctored and see if that makes any sense (assuming you care)...

I can't seem to get them to respond to my emails though so my wish may never come true. Anyone care to make these for me?

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
c_rex said:
Rizomas? [cheeky]

Of course with these you'll have to upgrade to a fat bar (Magura, Rizoma, LSL, Desmoworld, yattah-yattah-yattah)
Actually, this looks like it goes directly on the triple, eliminating the stock riser. That's what I'm looking for, but that triple looks different in the picture. It looks like it has just one bolt through the triple; mine has two.

Another question: will the Rizoma fat bar accept my stock controls? In other words, does it taper to 7/8 at the ends?

Do we have a Rizoma dealer on the sponsor's list? This might get a little complicated.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Our sponsor Motowheels carries Rizoma stuff but I'm not sure to what extent. A non-sponsor source for pretty much anything Rizoma is PJ's Parts. Great people and very knowledgeable. I'd do the URL for ya but have a baby in my other arm and it's taken me 5 minutes to 1 hand peck this out. ;D Yes the fat bars taper down to standard size which is 22mm if I recall correctly (not always the case). I could have sworn that I saw those risers on an S4RS at the dealer the other day. I need to go in to pay for a sprocket so I'll ask about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts