Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a someone makes a stock looking sidepanel (black plastic) for the right side of the bike after the emmissions canister is removed? In other words, I want to get rid of the bulge in the right side panel but retain the stock look. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Maybe one of the late (frame) model non-US versions may be a source, but I'm just guessing.

Maybe the early model sidepanels fit?

You can get some CF ones and paint 'em. :)

Big help, huh?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I replaced both of mine with some sleek carbon fiber jobbies from Motostrano. You might have some luck getting a bulge-less one from Europe if you want to match the left side.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I just bought a pair of Carbon Fiber side panels, that match the Ducati performance weave, from Motowheels. I thought about going the no side panel route, but on my '03 M800 there are a bunch of ugly wire plugs attached to the frame under there. A future project may be to try and relocate those, but for now I'd rather have em covered up...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, it took me a good couple of hours to relocate/re-route the mess behind the panels as well as eliminate most of the zipties on the frame. It was worth it though.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the panels tonight in hopes that I could go without them. However, on my '03 620, there is all kinds of stuff under both sides. The parts are electrical in nature, and there are special welded brackets that the stuff mounts to. Where do you put all that stuff, and what about the welded brackets? It seems that they would have to go if you were going to permanently remove the side panels. Does anyone have any pics of a Monster without panels and all the electrical stuff relocated?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hey Mark, that is a perfect idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts