Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm, I really need to get those stock mirrors off my bike and stick the barends on. However, the right mirror is ungodly tight and I do not want to 'reef onto it' before I know which way that puppy is threaded...help me out someone? Otherwise, I may be at risk of going vintage scooter mod and cover the whole thing in mirrors (still an Italian thing, I reckon). thanks.
M.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
you probably have reverse threads on your bike. see if there are notches on the hex part of the mounts. you'll see the difference between the lh and rh mirrors. If you have notches/ lines in the hex (17mm If I remember) it's the LH thread (reverse).
Harry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Took mine off a few weeks ago - they're reversed (so mirrors, if wacked, can swing back over the bars)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Bluedragon, what year and model of bike do you have?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, forgot that bit...I ride an '07 Monster 695. Cheers!
Marc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MichMonsterS4 said:
you probably have reverse threads on your bike. see if there are notches on the hex part of the mounts. you'll see the difference between the lh and rh mirrors. If you have notches/ lines in the hex (17mm If I remember) it's the LH thread (reverse).
Harry
Excellent info, thank you...I do indeed have notches on the right side mirror. So, I should turn the hex clockwise to loosen it, correct? All these years and I had no idea that a notched nut indicated a reverse thread. I've always said, 'you learn something everyday, whether you want to or not.'

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
yup--- brake side should be lefty-tighty/ righty-loosey. the "double nut" gives it away.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
just fyi, not all the same model and year bikes have reverse thread mirrors, some just came with regular thread ones on both sides, etc, just the nature of the parts bin... not sure if they fixed that for 07 models, but just something to look out for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts