Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
If anyone has nosed around SoCal group, you might have noticed the "big California ride"

Last month, I rode all the way from LA to the bay area (Sunnyvale).

Its time that I get back and I will be riding back to LA on Highway 1.

I'll be leaving Saturday morning (10th Jan) as early as possible, and ride all the way to LA.

If anyone is interested, plse do let me know, PM me or post-up here.

timing is flexible and a relaxed ride would be around 10 hrs.
Even if you are not interested in coming down all the way, you could come half way, and that would be good too.

-Spaceman.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE : Highway 1 RIDE REPORT
also posted in SoCal Monsters.

Hey all,
Incase anyone was wondering... i did the ride from Los Angeles all the way to Sunnyvale,CA.
Started 8.15am beautiful weather. took the 101 all the way to Santa Barbara after which it becomes Highway 1.

Reached Lompoc at 10.40am (about 140 miles from downtown LA)
and Gas'd up there.

Because of the LA habit, i was doing about 85mph in a 65 zone and eventually got pulled over and got a Speeding Ticket.
Riding on the 1 for a long time..Next Stop was a cliff-lookout in San Simone (about 20 mins). Thought of going to the Castle, but gave it up coz I did not wanna get off my bike!

somewhere after San Simone, at around 12.30 I had to pullover for gas again, was shocked that the price of Supreme in a gas Station was $ 3.8 a gallon.!!!.. So i just spent about 4 bucks till i got to another gas station.

Rode all the way to Big Sur. Again stopped for gas (it was $2.6 here) . Time was around 2.45pm. took a short 15 min coffee break.

After Big Sur, I reached Monterey around 4.15-4.30 pm. Another Coffee break.

Since the Pacific Sun was setting and it was getting darker, I did not wanna ride along the coast anymore.

I think i took the 156 from there to 101 and rode to Sunnyvale. Rached Destination at 6.15pm.

My thoughts :
*ABSOLUTELY no bike trouble, (did about 460miles in 10 hours). My bike has done about 4700miles totally now.

*Comfortable Seat (although i had a backpack which was the cause of muscular shoulder pain the following day).

* I was lucky it was sunny, I was underprepared for rain or fogging. Should have worn more "winter oriented" gear.

* Having saddle bags or tank bags would have made it more comfortable. Would not recommend riding with a backpack for so long!.

Thats it folks, I'll be doing the same when i get back from my vacation (around second week of Jan). (from Sunnyvale to LA)

I lost the roll of film in the beach that had the pictures i took along the way.

I'll take another set of pictures when i do the ride back to LA. and post them.

Happy Holidays to all!.

-Spaceman.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts