Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to a couple of books (or some helpful articles) on basic street riding technique? I keep getting hits for "Twist Of The Wrist." Is that what I'm lookin' for and are there any others that are worth checkin' out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Proficient Motorcycling, More Proficient Motorcycling, Street Strategies

A

·
0 Posts
I think Total Control: High-Performance Street Riding Techniques by Lee Parks may be more relevant to street riders than ToTW I or II. You may want to check it out.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Nick Inesach's (sp?) book "Sport Riding Technique."

I'm reading it now and find it more compelling than others I have read. I got a TotW video from the local library. Pretty painful frankly.

Proficient Mortorcyling is good, but not sport riding specific like Nick's book. Should read at least one of them anyway as David Hough gets you thinking about a lot of things that could save your life some day.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think Total Control: High-Performance Street Riding Techniques by Lee Parks may be more relevant to street riders than ToTW I or II.

S

·
0 Posts
twist of the wrist II (same as twist of the wrist but with some more content, don't bother with the 1st) is primarily sport riding and written with the TRACK in mind.
i've applied the knowledge to spirited street riding, but a book like proficient motorcycling or street strategies (as pointed out above) would definately be helpful from a safety standpoint. no good being a skillful fast rider if you're gonna wind up under a truck or in a ditch.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
A Twist of the Wrist II helped me understand traction limits and motorcycle balance. Don't bother reading volume 1 unless you plan to race.

Proficient Motorcycling by David L. Hough helped me learn how to ride at a safe pace all of the time. That was the most valuable book for me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So far I've read Proficient Motorcycling, More Proficient Motorcycling, and Keith Code's Twist Of The Wrist 2.

While TotW2 is definitely geared toward track riding, there is a lot of good information in there on cornering technique.

I'll check out some of the other suggested reading above next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The techniques are important for every bike rider especially for cases of dirt bikes. They form part of the most unpredictable set of bikes in terms of applications..More forumers need to add more of such tips and techniques here since they are indeed helpful..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts