Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
i may be able to go. larry is working hard on my paint ;D i am excited. if its done by then. i am definately down for a ride [thumbsup]

·
Registered
52 Posts
rule62 said:
Stuff that piled up??? for a funeral director!?! :-X
Bear it mind how people will be driving tonight, and it will give you an idea. We're a pretty busy funeral home as it is, and since we are officially closed tomorrow (with a director just on call to answer phone questions)... We will have two days worth of families to meet with, plus the added load of anyone who was unfortunate enough to be involved in wrecks, or other New Years mishaps... Add to that the fact that we've got a couple funerals going on Tuesday (from families that didn't want their services going on during the actual holiday weekend), and you can see how it all snowballs. It can be an amazingly hectic job.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful day for riding, great time, we ended up with 9 riders (no Monsters though). Rode the Daytona, I still have a huge learning curve on this bike, it is nothing like the Ducs. I am like a noob rider on this thing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
SheMonster said:
Beautiful day for riding, great time, we ended up with 9 riders (no Monsters though). Rode the Daytona, I still have a huge learning curve on this bike, it is nothing like the Ducs. I am like a noob rider on this thing.

You're probably just missing its soul. :'(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ducducdave said:
You're probably just missing its soul. :'(
Seriously, this bike is trying its hardest to pitch me off of it every chance it gets :mad:. I can't tell you how many times I have spun the rear wheel and it has cut loose doing a side to side dance :eek: The first couple of times it happened I thought it was due to cold tires, but I have since figured it out the problem is rider (me) and not being used to the different way the power comes on. I do miss that nice smooth power band the 749 had. :-\ Its a whole new learning experience.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ducducdave said:
I hear ya on the 749's power. It's sooo easy to ride. I'm 10x better on it than on the Monster.
Don't remind me. :( That bike rode like it was on rails.

ducducdave said:
What kinda tires are on the 'Umph?
Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsas

I have an appointment Saturday morning at EuroMotorSports to get teh suspension set to my weight. They wanted me to get some miles on it before they did that, I guess to break in the new parts a bit. I have 1100-1200 miles on it now, so hopefully that will help keep that back end of that bike down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.