Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola everyone,
Perhaps I am being presumptuous. Will there be anyone one among us who will be abstemious enough to ride? I'm done pontificating. Anyone wanna go for a ride? I'm in Fallbrook but am willing to meet halfway to anywhere.

Prospero Anyo

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Chances are very good that I'll be riding that day.

Perhaps we can get a couple others to go along with us!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the story U-turn...where we going?

I'm getting a new front tire tommorrow so i'll be good to go. Just name the spot.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
David, you're back?! New front bun as well!

Ppoitras is in Fallbrook.
You're in BFEgypt northwest.
I'm in BFEgypt east.

Well, gotta think this one over.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
How about doing a loop through Idyllwild? I did it solo about 9 months ago, it was pretty good.

David, I'll see if the local cafe near my place will have the sidewalk rolled out on Thurday AM. Meet at 9 am?

Patrick, there's a 76 station at the corner of East Nuevo Road and North Perris Blvd. in Perris. It's near the intersection of the 74 and 215. Meet you there 10am?

I'll post a map a little later this morning..

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Weather looks decent for tomorrow, not supposed to rain till nighttime.

I'll see you there at 10 am.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
David, here's the map:

Cowgirl Cafe
5146 Etiwanda Ave.
Mira Loma

(909) 681-2150

You can ping me on my cell if you need to.
See you there 9 am?

PS, It's about 80 miles from your crib :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS, It's about 80 miles from your crib :p
Great...only 80 miles. :mad:

I'll see if my other half throws a hissy fit. but I should be there on time. I'll post my final comfirmation later tonight.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Well, it'll give you a chance to take the shine offa that new front bun while you're slabbing. If there's not much traffic, you could do big sweeping turns back and forth across a couple of lanes, and get the sides too. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it'll give you a chance to take the shine offa that new front bun while you're slabbing.
I made that first turn on the new front pilot sport and thought it was all over for a second. Man that thing is slick. I had visions of Strati in my head.... :eek:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That explains the loud 'puckering' noise I heard.... ;D

Perhaps some slow figure 8's in a parking lot to scuff it in?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dudes,

Do y'all have to make it so early? Some of us plan on being sick tomorrow AM. I mean, I'd ride anyway, but I may still not be legal, technically speaking, at that time....

-R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have a point Ryan, how about it Nick? Mr. Belhaven and I have a meeting about midnightish.

How long a route we talking about? Can we meet later and still get to the end in daylight?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Later is fine, what time do you guys want to arrive at the Cowgirl Cafe? I've got no schedule, so whatever time you want is fine.

Here's the loop, it's about 150 miles as shown:

Sorry for the miserable image quality, my good software is at home..

I'll try to tune up the route a little, eliminate some of the slabbing if I can without racking the miles up too high.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
We're not going that high...last weekend the snow level was nearly 10,000 when jiro and I were up near Mt. Baldy.
I don't think we even get up to 6,000 in Idyllwild.

Do you guys want to make it 11am at the Cowgirl Cafe, and meet Patrick at 12 Noon?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
No problem, patrick, that would be great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts