Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my monster up to FBF for the new engine casing, It was 20 degrees and half way there I ran into a big snow squall, didn't lay on the road, but was coming down pretty hard for a few minutes!! Steve was follwing me in the truck, he said he shoulda had a video camera, so you all could have seen it!!

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I heard a funny thing today. Funny odd, not necessarily funny ha ha . . .

Portland, OR police impounded a motorists vehicle yesterday after he lost control in deep snow, and slush under icy conditions. The police did not cite the man because but they did say that they thought he could possibly be the stupidest man alive!

Police declined to answer how much the man would have to pay to get his motorcycle back from the impound.

My question is was it a "dirt", sport, or cruiser?

G

·
Thats funny because I live in Portland. We just had one of the worst snow/ice storms in about 10 years. There was a guy on my street riding some sort of honda dirt/trail bike in the snow and ice for 2 days on the city streets. I was waiting for him to end up through someones windshield. I would not be surprised if it was this guy. He mysteriously has not been seen for a few days.

·
Banned
773 Posts
i hate to admit it , but back in the late '70's- early 80'si had a rd-400 that i would occassionally get caught out in the snow with. half an inch or so of dry snow isn't to hard to ride in ;D

G

·
When I was living in NYC, I had no car and rode various different CB rat bikes and rode 365 rain or snow. I worked in JFK Airport. We got a blizzard and everyone called in and said they could not make it. I showed up on my bike. I lived the furthest away. My boss called everyone up and told them to get in here now. If Dennis can get in here on a his Honda, you guys can get in with your 4x4's. I lost alot of friends that day.

G

·
haha

I had to go for a quick test ride the other day after slapping on my PCIII and Beast.

Put on the leather bomber, helmet, sweatpants under the jeans.

Got half way down the road and realized. I forgot my gloves!

35 degrees and breezy. Only rode for 5 minutes by my hands were redder than the DML M logo. I figured frostbite for sure. Luckly i've got an orange tabby cat with a built in hand warmer.

Cant wait for warmer weather. Only 2 months till spring is in full effect.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
-4 here this morning. Got all layered up with the Widder vest and gloves, walked bike out to street (still some ice on my driveway), hit the starter... she whined, but didn't catch. Anyone have any tips on cold weather starting?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
On 2 occasions I have raced at NHIS with snow coming down. It of course was not sticking or accumulating, but it was coming down pretty good.
GT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts