Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can officially be classified as insane now. Had to move the Monster from old place to storage today so I was all ready with the truck, ramp, tie downs, etc. We got the bike out of the house and I decided to start it to help get down the snowed in driveway. After a bit of work it started. Hearing the sound coming from the FBS pipes was all I could take. The sun was out the roads were bare so who the hell cares if the temp is below zero? Apparently some of the people on the road did. My cousin who was following me in the truck said most the people out driving had to do double takes. I don't care, it was great to get to ride one more time before putting it away for the last few months of South Dakota winter.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Good for you! (and it'll probably make those upper 30's rides in a month or two feel great)

R

·
0 Posts
I took mine out to day also. It was 16 degrees. Now that I have a new battery, it starts right up.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
God bless you guys. Next time I b*tch about the weather here I'll have to punch myself in the jimmy and suck it up.

R

·
0 Posts
I followed Deb's lead and bought a heated vest and gloves. I can't wait to try them. Today was harsh. My hands froze within a few minutes. I wear my flannel pajamas under my jeans. They work better then any long johns I ever wore.
With any luck I will have my stuff before the end of the week. This weekend it will be in the 40's. Sound slike riding season will soon be here. Well soon as we have a few more blizzards.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've been riding to work when its in the mid 30's (balmy by SD standards)---I have a heated vest and it helps a lot. I bought heated gloves, but they are too bulky, I just cant ride with them on, so, my hands do freeze. From now on when I feel cold, I'm going to think of you SD riders ;)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
hey... at least you don't have 20 mph winds where you are right now! seeing as how I'm only 100 lbs and riding a 750, I'm at home... don't wanna get blown off the roads!

i'd ride in cold weather any day over high winds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts