Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've gotten a chance to meet a few ducati owners recently and am looking see how many others there are out there. you all there?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Just saw this today. There are a few of us out here. Myself and Shadow Chaser are probably the most active on the board.

I'm organizing a ride this coming Saturday to Mena, AR. Give me a shout if you want to ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm down in Ardmore. I think its considered to be in OK but I'm not sure. I feel closer to TX. ???

I believe I have the only Ducati in town.

-corey

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
You are definetly an "okie" down there in Ardmore. You're just on the front lines ;D

Ever make it to OKC? I was in Ardmore last week on business. Unfortunately, I was in the cage. Give me a shout if you're ever in town and want to take a spin.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I live in Moore. Just bought mine a few days ago and I'm in the process of getting it running.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Welcome [clap]

You've made a good decison. [thumbsup]

What's wrong with the bike?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
wasn't ridden for about 2 years and carbs are probaably junked up. I piked it up for $2500 though.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Glad I saw this post. I live in Moore also, just bought a yellow 1999 M750 about two months ago. The bike needs some TLC, but after I'm done it should run great.

Armagideon

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Welcome [clap]

Now get that baby tuned and on the street ;D I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Tangerine Dream-I can barely see by your pic, but I saw a bike that looked like yours a few weeks ago in Moore getting on I-35 at N. 19th St. It had a Ducati tank bag. Any chance that was you? Where do you live BTW?

Armagideon

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
mmmm... Sexy bike! We need to arrange a big okc ride sometime. Nothing like a bunch of Monsters riding around to get people's attention.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Tangerine Dream-I just read the link. Sorry to hear about the wreck and the loss of the bike--of course, most important is that you both made it out okay.

Gammy-sounds like fun to me. My bike should be ready for riding in about 4-6 weeks I hope. We should definitely plan a ride though.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
my bike should be ready as soon as I get some damn main jets shipped to me. Now I just need to get some gear and my moto-endorsement. ;D

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Gammy-it seems that you are in the same boat I am in. I've gotta rejet the carbs due to (likely) worn needle jets and modified exhaust. I plan to order the new jets next week. It's running pretty poorly and the plugs are likely to foul on an extended ride. I also hope to adjust the valves soon since the previous owner did not do it at 12k. I got my moto endorsement in Norman a few years back. Not difficult at all. If you need a cheap helmet, I have a Bell (sell them at Wall-Mart) black full face helmet that is too big for me (a Large I think). $10?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Large? [laugh] I just bought a scorpion today. It is a 3xl. Thanks though ;D
Jets are here now, but my bike is at a buddies house and he's getting married tomorrow, so no worky on bikey till later :'(

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
If all goes as planned I should be back in the saddle sometime around the holidays [thumbsup]

We should plan a get together and start our own club here in OKC 8)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I just got my motorcycle endorsement today and my bike has been running great! When we all gonna go terrorize the city? ;D

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Congrats Gammy! I got my valves adjusted but still have to overhaul/rejet/synch the carbs. Maybe 2 weeks and I should be road-ready.

Armagideon

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I'm still on schedule for some time around the holidays or the first of the year. Hopefully my recovery will coinside with the arrival of the new '08 Monster. Rumor has it there will be a Tricolore in the lineup [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 106 Posts