Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott made it up for a dawn ride up ACH and other known parts on Sunday. No getting lost, no fog, was a great day to ride.

It was an exceptional morning, perfect temps, road conditions were excellent and the riding was fast. ;D ;D ;D

Scott: Hope you had a great ride up ACH and didn't suffer any encounters with the long arm of the law on your way back. Love your Monster...hot bike!

Soooo, when are the rest of the SD contingency coming up?? Will keep you all advised of when the road opens to Wrightwood. That will be a great day of riding and if you all are game.....a LA/SD/OC Contigents BBQ at my house after!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Very special being invited up to Linda's personal road! The group she rides with on ACH is especially friendly too.

Did angeles forest hwy after coming up to the tunnels and really enjoyed the pristine asphalt of this side road. Coming backdown ACH after gassing in Palmdale, I hit a rock and bent my rim, flatted the tire. Before I could say "oh sh**", a mountain biker in a pickup stopped and took me to the shell. I was about 35 minutes out by car. Got my own truck, loaded the bike and the family, and went to Universal studios.

Considering that I had a nice wobble after hitting the rock and did not go down, and I probably would have gotten a ticket had I not gotten a flat and continued, I consider the weekend a raving success!

Saw more LEO's than I really cared to. Early seems the only way to go, as per Linda.

Emotionally, ACH reminds me of Banner grade. The first time you ride it the close proximity of the stone walls and guard rails is a little tense. After a ride or two, you get the pulse and beat of it and except for the two gravel spots and two reverse cambers, you can go fast comfortably. (i.e., banner grade) ACH is a fast road , nicely banked, and a wonderful ride, with experiance, similar to Banner.
Taken slower it is really cool too! :)

Similar to most roads of it's type, it punishes over exuberant riders severely.:-/

What a great ride. Thank you Crestgal!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok you guys!! What's with the ride the Crest on at a time!!?? LMAO!

Anytime......all rides begin at dawn on the Crest!

P

·
0 Posts
Chad, was I not just commenting on how Banner Grade was my favorite road so far? I think the LA folks are calling. Dare I say that we need to ride soon? What about a blowout ride in the Norte? We can trailer or ride the bikes up and ride then fill up on the Almighty In and Out? A ride back down is much more tolerable after a bellyfull of grease. Whaddya say? For that matter; what sayeth the Socal crew? Shall we represent Boyyee!!!???

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
ACH is a blast, but I especially like the east side of Newcombs. It gets rocky though and ya have to watch out for them. Rideon I got a front wheel off a 916 you can use til yours gets fixed. I just don.t know if the speedo will work, but I have a spacer to use. If it fits you are welcome to it. It is a 3 spoke brembo and blue but price is right. Rubber on it too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am sorely tempted by that idea. God forgive me for my sins. I might be able to swing that on Sunday. I'd like to truck the bike up though.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would be a great day of riding........tempt, tempt, tempt

Come forth all ye sinners!! LMAO!!

Linda

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sure like to see you guys up this way, I think you'd enjoy it a lot.

You guys can bunk at my place if you like, but it's still a solid hour to get to ACH from my place. Dunno where Scott stayed.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Troyslap:

Thanks for the offer of the wheel.You are a real pal! I am dropping off the monster at noon today, and I figure the least hassle is to let them mail it to John's place in Anaheim. There is a gruanching noise coming out of the clutch/tranny area and I wanted them to check that out too. This puts my bike on the blocks for awhile, but that means I go to the gym instead! It's all good!

When I was up there (ACH) I stayed at the hilton at the Burbank airport. Not the closest hotel to ACH, but equidistant to Universal Studios, where I went with my family after the ACH ride. For accomodations, Linda has the area wired for lodging close to ACH. Just ask where to stay!

Patrick: When I was tooling down ACH I was thinking how perfect this road would be for you and your bike. To really appreciate it, I think you need to do it about 3 times, however. Plan on riding your seat off when you go!

Rideon

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angeles Crest Hwy......one of the best motorcycle roads around! 30 Miles of pure two wheel heaven and 55 miles when they open the road to Wrightwood! Not to mention 9 Mile, Angeles Forest Hwy, Lower Big Tujunga.......heaven, just heaven.... ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts