Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a North Bay route? either that or we can stick to local (South bay) routes... I'm in Los Gatos...

just checked the rider map... you're near Pleasanton? maybe North Bay? I haven't been up there in a long time.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I'm in San Ramon so it is closer to go south bay I guess?? Hopefully we will get a couple more responses by the morning. What time were you thinking?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably early... if we leave past 10 a.m. the roads get pretty jammed with sunday worshippers...

so far, my sunday's free - we'll have to decide on a route though. I'm not so familiar with the north bay routes but since i've been out on the monster 5 days out of the week i'm more familiar than before with south bay roads.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably early... if we leave past 10 a.m. the roads get pretty jammed with sunday worshippers...

so far, my sunday's free - we'll have to decide on a route though. I'm not so familiar with the north bay routes but since i've been out on the monster 5 days out of the week i'm more familiar than before with south bay roads.

I'll be out of the house for a while (it's 12:30 p.m.)... I should be back late afternoon or so. keep me updated on things. hope more people want to go.

was thinking of making a Saturday south bay meeting place/time and decide on the route when everyone arrives. (or sunday). but my schedule's sketchy the next few weeks b/c of seminars I have to attend.

btw, getting conflicting weather reports for tomorrow...

Accuweather says sunny in the a.m. and rain in the p.m.
Weather.com says a.m. showers

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'd be interested in (finally!) joining an 'SFMBHA ride' - I'll be in SF in the morning and can only make it in the afternoon for e.g. a north bay ride. Not good traffic wise, I know, but if you guys would decide to go in the pm, I'll be glad to join. Perhaps we could then meet at one of the gas stations on the turnoff point of highway 1 in Mill Valley...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... you can call my office phone... maybe we'll meet in Saratoga in the a.m.... head toward the coast then up to the North Bay...

weather looks iffy for rain though in the North Bay

( 4 0 8 ) 656-1576

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Rain likely in the pm in the North Bay so I'm bailing out as well...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... BLUE skies out here... checked local radar... looks like no precipitation in Napa or the South Bay.... San Rafael and Berkeley have rain though.

gonna go out on a ride... it's 10:10 a.m. - probably leave around 11. anyone interested?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ended up going out at 12 noon....

Took 17 to Old Santa Cruz Hwy to Summit Rd then to San Jose - Soquel Rd down to Capitola... return trip via 17 again.

Met up with Geezer and Rockstar and we took 25 down to King City... Overcast but no rain! Ate dinner in King City (authentic tacos!!).

I got to lead the ride again after turning on Bitterwater Rd from 25 then onto Dinner. After we ate, we took Metz Rd. Patrol car was hiding out on the straightaway before the twisties on Orroyo Seco.

I did NOT crash this time at the intersection of Orroyo Seco and Carmel Valley Rd. By the time we got onto Carmel Valley Rd though, it was DARK! Guess we're the "Night Riders" crew now.

Some police road block or something due to a broken down vehicle in the middle of the road was situated about 1/4 of a mile before Laureles Grade. Took Laureles to 68 to Salinas. Took Hwy 101 for a while then turned off towards Watsonville.

Took Hwy 1 to 17 north... another patrol car on 17 on the way home. We saw 3 patrol cars on 101.

WAs really cold so on the way home we wanted to get some coffee... no dice b/c it was 8 p.m. already. Managed to set off a car alarm 3 times though!

Maybe next time, more of you can join the ride? Thanks Geezer and Rockstar for making the ride fun! It's better to put crappy fuel in the tank than run out of it in the middle of Carmel.

- Daffe

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Wow, what a great ride we had. Better night riding lights would be nice.

I've now had two great rides in two weekends with Daffe. "He's back"

rrockstar.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Ok, let me respond to the crampy gas comment.

1) there is better gas in King City but it's at the far end of town.
2) I don't like to use bad gas, Chevron if I can get it.
3) I'd never been on G15 (Metz Rd) that by-passes the city and boring 101.
4) I was saving time. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
What an awesome time I had with you guys yesterday! It was so much fun chasing, and being chased by, Daffe along hwy 25. Carmel Valley rd was cool and spooky in total darkness. Daffe was leading, Michael followed and I was tailgunner. Even though I had my lights on, we were going fast enough that I couldn't pay attention to what was coming up in my light pattern. I had to pay attention to what was coming up in Michael's lights to have enough reaction time! It was like following a snaking tunnel of lights through the hills. I don't know how Daffe did it to lead through the dark, but from my perspective it was sooo cool. Let's do it again soon! The Niiiiggghhht train! Chuga, chuga, ...
Cesar.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cesar, I was using The FORCE to go night riding!

... btw, it sure was pretty challenging to ride the twisties at night! had to rely on all my experience and memory on some of the turns! a few of them caught me by surprise but it was not enough to be unsafe. I toned down the speed by about 40% of what the normal day-time speed would have been.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts