Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alice's this weekend. I haven't seen a group ride post from CMK for this week, so I'll throw this out there.

Anyone interested in checking out the new R1's at Alice's on Oct 14th (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/mcy/motorcycle_reveal.aspx? I wasn't able to make it to La Honda last weekend, and am itching to ride in that neighborhood, and also check out the sneak-peek of the '07 R1's.

Please post up or drop me a pm if anyone's interseted in extending this into a group ride. Perhaps Pescadero, 1, backside of 9, or we can head north from Hwy 1 after riding Pescadero. I'm open for suggestions.

*EDIT*- Tentative date set for Sunday, which means it will not coincide with the R1 event at Alice's (which is fine by me, and also probably most people reading this). Meeting time: 10 am, Place: Parking lot across the street from Alice's

Roster for Sunday:
beatupduck
hemex
sidrock
ducky
monkey vs robot (tentative?)

Tentative route: Meet at the parking lot across the St from Alice's at 10. Then ride down to La Honda, west into Pescadero, and to Hwy 1. We can either ride back to Alice's from there, or head south into Santa Cruz for some lunch and ride to 4-corners via the backside of hwy 9, depending on other people's time constraints.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Re: Ride to...you guessed it...

I'm 99% sure I'll have a bike by then, but not sure if it will be ready to rail in the hills...gotta break 'er in nice I think. I'll get back to you on this. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

I am obligated to go to a party a co-worker is putting on. So I plan on doing Mines then Del Puerto on the way to the Valley to go pick up my folks and head to the party.

So I won't be available to attend. But next week the weekly rides will resume.. sorry about the down time :)

·
Registered
191 Posts

I've got a couple of things going on this Saturday but I'm hoping to get out on Sunday. Let me know if you'd be able to ride then.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

though the alice's event is on saturday, i'm actually open to ride on either day. if sunday works for a few folks, then we can change days.

·
Registered
147 Posts

I might be up for a ride either day, but I'm not a huge fan of getting up too early on a weekend. I'd be coming from SF if anyone else interested in riding.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

No-can-do on Sunday. Ah well...I can't take my bike above 6K for 500 miles. :( Fortunately that won't take long... Unfortunately, my gearing is such that it limits my speed to something pretty ridiculous, even on the freeway. [cheeky]

·
Registered
769 Posts

I'm a maybe for Sunday...depends on bike situation...I'll know more end of Friday.

D

·
0 Posts

Bah. Unless I can figure out how to stuff the baby Bjorn (strap baby to your chest thing) under a leather jacket, I'm out :'(

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Mostrobelle said:
Unfortunately, my gearing is such that it limits my speed to something pretty ridiculous, even on the freeway. [cheeky]
>:D please do tell....or, maybe i shouldn't ask ???

The_Calamari_Kid said:
Yeah sunday is the BARF 5th anniversary party..
yea, that's going on into the afternoon right? i was thinking about swinging by on the way home.

DrunkenMonkey said:
Unless I can figure out how to stuff the baby Bjorn (strap baby to your chest thing) under a leather jacket, I'm out
i'm visualizing mini-me strapped onto mike meyers from austin powers...SHA-ZAM!

·
Registered
769 Posts

DrunkenMonkey said:
Bah. Unless I can figure out how to stuff the baby Bjorn (strap baby to your chest thing) under a leather jacket, I'm out :'(
I still couldn't figure out how to work the baby Bjorn. When you figure out the leather jacket configuration, let me know, because I'm sure as soon as my niece knows how to talk, she'll be asking me to give her rides >:D

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

sidrock said:
>:D please do tell....or, maybe i shouldn't ask ???
Well, I was getting close to 6K in 5th gear on the ride home tonight and I was doing 65 indicated. :-\ It stands to reason that 6th would allow me some additional speed, but I bet I wouldn't be breaking 80 indicated. Remember: +5 rear sprocket. 6500 is right about where things start to pick up for me and I regularly hit 7-8K. 9K doesn't happen everyday for me, but I bet I do it a lot more than most people. I've been told that the '94 M900 doesn't have a rev limiter so there's little to stop me from workin' that engine pretty good. >:D (says to self: Gee, 'Belle ya think that's maybe why you only got 40K out of it before it crapped out on ya?)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Would love to ride with y'all as I have never had a chance to, but since I don't have Tivo...I got catch MotoGP at 9:30 Sunday.

Perhaps I can catch up with everyone afterwards.

Anyone interested in doing a group ride on Saturday?

·
Registered
191 Posts

DrunkenMonkey said:
Just wrap it up in some leather.............or maybe do you have those trunk things? Just a thought :-\

·
Premium Member
64 Posts

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and just hit 1650 on my new duc. I would love to ride with a group for the first time. I am not super experienced but not a novice either. Saturday sounds like a perfect day to ride. I am if anybody else is.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts

1969duc said:
Would love to ride with y'all as I have never had a chance to, but since I don't have Tivo...I got catch MotoGP at 9:30 Sunday.

Perhaps I can catch up with everyone afterwards.

Anyone interested in doing a group ride on Saturday?
Or ride with the group and watch the race at Tigre's with everyone Sun eve.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts