Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp... After my break-down outside Vegas, I'm finally back up and running, complete with re-sealed forks and my 6k maintenance under my belt.

Knowing now that I can do 2nd gear power-wheelies has me anxious to get back out and get riding.

Anyone want to ride this weekend?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Re: Ride this weekend?

I might be interested in a Saturday ride... you might want to re-do the title of the thread and add the date of this weekend, as there will probably be other weekends that other riders would like to attend as well.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts

I'm thinking of going to Helimot again this year to get my suspension set up by Gary Jaehne.

You need to either purchase four $5.00 raffle tickets or bring a new (unwrapped) toy worth at least $10.00. All proceeds go to charity.

I could go for a short ride after, as long as it doesn't involve too much clutch work.

Details from another post:

Event Day/Date: NEXT Saturday ...... December 13th!!!
Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Event Location:Helimot Inc. (formally called Helimot European Accessories)
1141 Old Bayshore Hwy
San Jose, California
408-298-9608

S

·
0 Posts

I'm thinking of going to Helimot again this year to get my suspension set up by Gary Jaehne.

You need to either purchase four $5.00 raffle tickets or bring a new (unwrapped) toy worth at least $10.00.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

Yahoo Map from Helimot's website of the location...

Helimot is located in San Jose, CA near the junction of I880 and US101. Our actual store location is 1141 Old Bayshore Highway, San Jose

S

·
0 Posts

Yeah, this sounds good. I'll probably be there if I don't leave town for the night.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

so... line up looks like:

Scott
Sarah
Desmofo
Tigre
me

????

I'll be at Helimot's around 8:15 or 8:30. If you get there at 9 a.m. you're gonna have to wait in line for about 1 hr or so (then by the time you're done, it's 10 a.m.). Hopefully I'll be done by 9:15 - 9:30 if I get there early.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry--I think I'm out for Helimot. I was hoping to head north -- probably on Sunday.

I have my office holiday party on Friday night, so the odds of me making it down to San Jose early on Saturday are infintesimal.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

Sorry--I think I'm out for Helimot. I was hoping to head north -- probably on Sunday.

I have my office holiday party on Friday night, so the odds of me making it down to San Jose early on Saturday are infintesimal.

you're wimping out on us? see if we ever invite you over to play Cops N' Robbers again! just kidding! :p

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
yup looks like rain tomorrow..

and.. a few of my college buddies are in town, so I'm going for a night of good ole' fashioned drinkin'...

I'm going to have to wuss out tomorrow.. but if you guys post where you're going there's a very slim chance I might come find you...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm still going... more prizes for me!

it's all mine now! all mine!

I'm still going in the rain... if not to only get the suspension set on my bike. I'll have to check helimot's site for updates to see if they're still doing it. I'll still go if it's on.

.. no info on the website :(

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Since I don't have an Aerostitch yet, I'm bailing out on this one unless there is a great deal of clearing during the next hour. I hate riding on wet roads, but I also have tires that are fairly well worn out, so it's also a safety issue.

I'll still spend most of the day doing motorcycle things, though, but it will involve taking both wheels off of the ST2 to get new tires, cleaning and lubricating the chain, and doing the final disassembly steps on the Monster remains. I have some forks and triple clamps to get sent off still.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Wow! There was a great deal of clearing after I posted the last note, so I rode on in to Helimot. I figured I would be about 6th in line, based on the crowd last year, but I was the first one there by about a minute. Daffe was third in line.

Gary J. added a bit of preload to both ends and tweaked the compression and rebound settings a little. It's nice to have adjustable forks. He spent about half an hour on Daffe's bike. He immediately pronounced the rear preload to be good (the bike has been there twice before), then did a lot of work on the front end. There was a bit too much stiction in the forks, so he did several things to try to fix that, unsuccessfully. He then looked at the rebound on the rear and it was obviously way too strong. The adjustments didn't seem to do anything there. I think Daffe needs to drop his bike off at Aftershocks or Lindemann for some suspension work.

We didn't see any other Ducatis show up after hanging around for nearly an hour and a half, so we headed to 237 and took Calavaras Road past the reservoir and into Sunol. We then took the back roads into Pleasanton. We kept up a nice slow pace with the damp roads, but still enjoyed it. We had considered making a run through Palomares Road too, but my left hand was hurting a bit too much so we took the more direct route.

The rest of you who wimped out missed a nice morning activity.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts