Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Ride this Sunday?? 3/21

2K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Juan 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in riding or already planning to ride this coming Sunday??

#3 ·
Hey, congratulations Daffe! :D

I'll be riding this weekend. Probably sticking to the northern roads, but my hunt for a pickup truck may take me south. Early Sunday would be great, especially if this weather holds.

#8 ·
Hey Daffe! Cheers! Um, yes, I think not riding on your honeymoon would be the sensible thing to do.

I might be riding Sunday though, esp. if we do a northern route. Stuck in the car all day Sat. so I figure I deserve a ride, no?

#12 ·
Jeez Paul, I hope you didn't mess up that beautiful tank!

Don't you just hate when that happens?

As for Sunday, why don't we do a Sonoma or Napa ride? Jack, have you discovered any nice roads up your way that won't be too clogged with SUV-driving wine imbibers?

#17 ·
As for Sunday, why don't we do a Sonoma or Napa ride? Jack, have you discovered any nice roads up your way that won't be too clogged with SUV-driving wine imbibers?
I'm always surprised at how little traffic there is on Pope/Chiles Vly. There are other roads I have yet to explore, particularly the one that runs from Calistoga out to Middletown. I've heard there's a nice way to loop back toward Napa from there - to the east.

As for Sonoma Co there's that one up by Lake Sonoma that runs out to the coast that you (Michael) and I talked about exploring. A couple of friend's have told me that it's the ideal moto road - nice sweeping turns and no cages. I'll have to look at a map.

That said, I don't know if I'll be able to go on a ride Sunday since I have to find a used pickup to buy (Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, or even a T100 if anyone happens to know of one). I'll have to play it by ear.

#18 ·
I'm always surprised at how little traffic there is on Pope/Chiles Vly. ...As for Sonoma Co there's that one up by Lake Sonoma that runs out to the coast that you (Michael) and I talked about exploring. A couple of friend's have told me that it's the ideal moto road - nice sweeping turns and no cages.
Omigod, you are talking about Skaggs Springs/Stewarts Point Road. That is the best road I've ever been on. My ex Sian and I went to Sea Ranch last Memorial Day, yes, a holiday weekend, and on Saturday in the middle of the day we only saw TWO cars going in the OTHER direction. It's probably almost sixty miles in total. The first half is like a road race, with perfect surface and banks (and marked at 35 mph--HA!), and the second half is like single track, sort of like the west side of Fairfax Bolinas. Can't recommend it too highly.

#19 ·
Just checking the DML board... THANKS to everyone for the wedding congrats! the big day is tomorrow! (in 21 hours)...

LOTS to do!! I'll be in Hawaii the whole next week (had to *tear* myself away from work) but at least I took today off. I'll be back riding not next weekend but the weekend after. (I might be on the monster on Sunday the 28th - depends on things).

#22 ·
Do we have a number of riders and a metting place for this ride?
How many people from S.F and San Mate ore that area are going. I would like to go, and I am trying to see if we could meet someplace to ride to Michails meeting place.
Let me know.

#23 ·
OK, how about this: I'll be at the Tam Junction (Mill Valley) Starbucks (behind the Arco station) at 9:15 or so and will plan on heading out around 9:30 for Stewarts Point/Skaggs Springs road. It is mostly fwy up there, but once on it we should be clear and can head back south against traffic. I figure a little later start time won't hurt us and I'd like to sleep in a bit ;). Forecast is for 75 inland, 65 at the coast.

#24 ·
Sounds good Michael, looks like I can come along. How about I pick you guys up at the River Rd exit just north of Santa Rosa? It's the same exit as Mark West Springs Rd and Luther Burbank Center for the Arts. That way I don't have ride down to Mill Valley and back again.

Let me know if one of you sees this post. I'll check back in the morning before I leave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.