Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from out-of-town will be here this weekend and I'm going to show him our usual north route on Saturday. Anyone want to join us? Thinking start late morning from SF.
If anyone familiar with a Berryessa route and want to lead, I'm game. BTW, forecast looks good for this weekend >:D

MEET DETAILS: Saturday, January 6th, 2007
10am outside Zeitgeist, San Francisco.
San Francisco meet is at Motojava
http://www.motojavacafe.com/

If folks from Marin join, 2nd meet at the usual Tam Junction Starbucks at 10:30.
Tam Junction = last gas opportunity before ??

ROUTE = Tam Junction->Tomales Bay->Nicasio->Lucas Valley Road
NEW ROUTE = Berryessa

Riders:
Motobee - ride leader
Desmoquattro
Ducky & Friend
RickT

Tentative:
Tassles
Fabienne
jonnymoto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belle, that's a lot of tires you need - i think two sets cuz you need to replace your track bike tires too, if I remember correctly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,487 Posts
Ducky said:
Belle, that's a lot of tires you need - i think two sets cuz you need to replace your track bike tires too, if I remember correctly.
I don't need to do the track tires for a few months. Whew! :) I need the street tires now...the rainy season isn't a good time to push the limits on no tread. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I'm supposed to be working BUT, maybe a 1/2 day ride is do-able. I have to see how much I get done by then. Will let you know ;)

Also Fabienne is back from France & might want to go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
I'm game. And I'll have my new Sargent seat by then ;D

BTW - Tassles, you can get off the streets Sat for a ride if you want [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
desmoquattro said:
BTW - Tassles, you can get off the streets Sat for a ride if you want [laugh]
Tassles, remember, you're better off working the streets at night - so you ride with us, no?

Welcome back Fabienne!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,487 Posts
Just in case I really have my act together and make this, where are we meeting in SF and when? Are you guys coming over the BB or over the GGB to get to Berryessa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Without a ride leader for the Berryessa route, we will do the usual Mt. Tam->
Tomales->Nicasio route. Meet in SF 10am outside Zeitgeist. If folks from Marin join, 2nd meet at the usual Tam Junction Starbucks at 10:30. Input/other suggestion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
Ducky said:
Without a ride leader for the Berryessa route, we will do the usual Mt. Tam->
Tomales->Nicasio route. Meet in SF 10am outside Zeitgeist. If folks from Marin join, 2nd meet at the usual Tam Junction Starbucks at 10:30. Input/other suggestion?
Good call. Those roads are usually dry a few days after a storm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I'd love to finally do a real ride, but I'm supposed to be grabbing a taste of the 10" of snow that just dumped today in Tahoe. My friend who is driving is sick, though, and said if he gets worse, then he's going to bail... so maybe :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome petehed, do post up if you're joining so we know to wait for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Thanks Ducky... as of right now, my trip to Tahoe is a go, so chances are I'm not in for the ride... if anything changes I'll definitely post up.
[thumbsup]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100 Posts
I am kinda tired of the Marin route, and know the Berryessa roads. I would be happy to be the ride leader for a ride up there.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
Motobee said:
I am kinda tired of the Marin route, and know the Berryessa roads. I would be happy to be the ride leader for a ride up there.

Brian
Berryessa would be cool, but can anyone vouch for the shape of the roads up there right now? Marin is nice because there are relatively few trees and the roads dry out quickly after a storm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100 Posts
Berryessa is prett much the same. There are some shaded area that may have damp spots, and there may be some water running off the hills, but for the most part it will be open and dry. Have you never been up there before?

Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,487 Posts
Count me out for the ride, guys. Sorry. I never seem to make it on your Berryessa routes! One day...one day... You guys post this up in the Central Valley forum? Grio's always up for a loop.

I'm going shopping tomorrow. Gotta spend those Christmas gift certificates, and I desperately need a new mattress. (No jokes, ya pervs. [cheeky])
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
Motobee said:
Berryessa is prett much the same. There are some shaded area that may have damp spots, and there may be some water running off the hills, but for the most part it will be open and dry. Have you never been up there before?

Brian
Nope, never rode up there but I've been through there in a cage (it's been years). I've been wanting to check it out. Anyone up to make another video?
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top