Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the sidelines for all of March, wrenching on my scooter and dealing with personal shyt. Just barely got my bike together for my camping trip to SongDog this last weekend.

I've got 1000 miles of touring to and from camping on my Pilot Sport rear tire, and while there were some nice twisty roads, 50 lbs. of luggage detunes the riding a bit.

I need to go out and wear the sides down to even 'em out :)

How about some Latigo or Glendora Mountain Road?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Hey Nick! How was your camping trip?

Come on and get up a bit early and join dawn patrol for a ride up the Crest! Then you have the rest of the day to do Latigo or GMR and No Cops!

Can't think of a better way to start the day! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well I can speak for myself and for Ppoitras, when I say we cant make it. Seems the man just got his clip ons and he really wants to put them on. How could I say no?

G

·
Latigo sound good. Let's start at the bottom this time and work our way up to the Squid Store ;D.

PS you've got mail

G

·
Try and stop me after our local guru helps me put on the new bars! I might even have a new trailer in my future to ease my chapped hide on the way back from track days. Life is good. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
PPoitras sign off says: There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
I say if a man wins the argument, that's the start of a new argument. !!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, camping trip was really fun, just what I expected. Nice riding up in those parts.

Hmmm...dawn patrol on the Crest :p . I'm cringing as I ask, but what time is the meet-up at the Shell?

David's out due to his lowside... :(

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Don't cringe!! Sun rises at 6:28 AM so meet at 6:15 AM!! :eek: Need to leave before it gets too high and the sun blinds you! Not sure how many of the dawn patrol will actually show up due to it being a "holiday" weekend, but I will definitely be there! Newcombs opens for coffee at 7:00 AM - Breakfast at 7:30 AM!

Hope you come along!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That means hauling my carcass out of the rack at 4 AM... :'(
That's a pretty tall order....lemme think it over.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
That means hauling my carcass out of the rack at 4 AM... :'(
That's a pretty tall order....lemme think it over.
Hey Nick,
If you decide to get up that early and join these earlybirds, I'll come along too. That is early, though.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
ROFLMAO while talking to Nick on the phone! All right!! Shame Nick into showing up!! You guys rock!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Judas priest, I've got no option now.
I'll be there @ 6:15 AM. I must be insane.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Good boy..... ;D

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Judas priest, I've got no option now.
I'll be there @ 6:15 AM. I must be insane.
Alright then, I'm there too. Sounds crazy early but what the hell.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well..it is crazy early. ;)

Nothing better to do, right? Just sleeping blissfully in a warm bed...
No skippys and no chippies, roaring up a canyon instead...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well...there is enough light to ride at 6:15 AM....
---------------------------------
So this is what it's like being insane...funny, it doesn't feel all that different. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
What might the temperature be in the Angleles Crest tomorrow? Yahoo weather put it at 75 degrees with a low of 50. Is this so? I thought you cresties froze your a** off until end of May. Is there snow up there now? Do you have entertaining mud or snow run offs this time of year? Or is it the same as Palomar?

If one were to ride tomorrow or Sunday, does one do the perforated suit or the non perfed leathers? (morning ride till 11:00 )

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate input as this is quite a schlep for me up from SD. I was caught unawares in the mountains last week and froze on my mountain bike.

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I would probably go with the non-perfed suit since you are doing an a.m. ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where are u guys going tomorrow, latigo canyon or Angeles Crest? [smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts