Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a ride Saturday the 7th, in the morning? If the weather is okay, I'm going to do some sort of loop in Marin - probably Hwy 1 north through Point Reyes, Tomales and possibly as far north as Bodega Bay. I was planning on meeting some riders from BARF at the deli on Lucas Valley Road at 8am, but I don't have to if people wanted to meet somewhere else, such as the Mill Valley Arco.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would love to, but still the bike sits in the garage waiting for plates and insurance....harummph. turned in taxes to cpa this morning, so the days are ticking by. 8)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I might be willing to do a saturday 2/7 a.m. ride but I have to be at LaH0nda at 1 p.m. for another ride. (see the other 2/7 thread)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Well, my bike is *finally* out of the shop! Woo-hoo! The only bad thing is I have an appt. with my tax guy in the city at 1:30, so I'll need to head home a bit early. Man, I feel rusty though...

Lucas Valley or Tam Junction, either is fine by me. (If the latter I'll be caffeinating at the Starbucks behind the station.)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. I have no preference for the starting point. Ally said she and Marty would meet at LVR if her bike is up and running by then. The only thing that makes me hesitate about going with the BARF crew is the guy that proposed the ride seems like a little bit of a squid and wants to ride an A pace. I think the rest of the riders are mellow though. I've met one and she's cool. I suppose we could always sweep or just ride our own pace behind and let the A pace guy charge on ahead.

I may keep it shorter too to leave me some time to ride into SF in the afternoon. I'm flexible. Oh yeah, it's my b-day on Saturday too. Should I ride in my birthday suit? :D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Might be a little breezy ;) Happy B'day though (I promise not to sing).

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
;) Happy Birthday Iamic... Sorry guys I an not able to ride with you Saturday, other things to do.... Bu I should be ready
for the next one.
Juan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Happy Birthday!
btw-you're always in your birthday suit. I'm just glad you usuallly keep it covered ;).
I can't join you guys but I look forward to the next one.
Cesar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh yeah, it's my b-day on Saturday
Feb. 7 is my birthday too too! :D No ride for me though - I'll be celebrating at the Mates of State afternoon concert and then heading to the mission for drinx (zeitgeist at some point for sure)...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
February 7 seems to be a popular day to be born. I have quite a few friends that were also born on the 7th. We're having a big bash together on Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Unbelievable. I was all set to pick up the bike this morning from Marin and get a call from Gadi that it is running rough and they need an extra hour or two. OK. Time passes and I call and it is still being looked at, something about the fuel system and possibly clogged injectors, maybe a couple of hours more. I call. Now they are waiting for a call back from Ducati because it is running rough when cold, but Ok when warm. Doh!

The net: my being able to ride tomorrow looks like it has the same probability as finding WMD in Iraq. If it works out I'll be at Lucas Valley Rd at 8am. If not, well, think of me as you're sweeping through that nice series of turns at Big Rock.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh man. I feel for you :'(. Anyway, here's the final plan. I will be meeting the BARF group at the Big Rock Deli on Lucas Valley Road at 8am. We will be splitting into two groups: A-pace and a moderate B-pace. I will be waiting at the deli for a couple of riders coming from Hayward and we will head out as the B group around 8:30. Hope you can make it Michael. Anyone else is welcome to join in.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
had a GREAT ride today! Started out at Los Gatos Starbucks. Only Michael (RockStar) and I showed up. We left around 10 a.m. and headed up Hwy 9 - crossed over 35 and down to Felton. There were a few bicyclists who didn't want to share the road on the way down to Felton though. Took Empire Rd across to Ice Cream Grade. There were lots of loose gravel piles all over Ice Cream Grade.

Made a L onto PineFlat/BonnyDoon Rd. Ended up passing (going the opposite direction) 2 riders in a group... an R6 and a red Monster. Went up Hwy 1 to Davenport and had lunch there. We ran into SARAH and her ride group there! There was a Monster Dark that showed up about 30 min after we arrived.

Headed up north on Hwy 1 after lunch and turned onto the 2nd Swanton Rd entrance and hooked badk down South... rode into Santa Cruz and stopped by Moto Italiano. Checked out the 749 DARK there... looked pretty nice in person. Also they had quite a nice selection of Moto Guzzis there too.

Ended up taking San Jose - Soquel Rd back towards 17. Ended up passing a Blue (City?) Monster going the opposite way before turning onto Old Santa Cruz Hwy. We split up after that ... I headed back to Los Gatos.

Great ride... kinda cold in the mts but towards the end of the ride, was VERY nice weather! I think we logged about 150 miles or so.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Well I had a great ride on Saturday too. I did about 80 miles through the East Bay hills. I've got to add this one to the list of East Bay rides on sfbmha.com

Started out hitting Highland Road off of Tassajara (out of Dublin), Altamont Pass Road all the way east to the end, a short stretch of freeway over to Patterson Pass Road, back to Cross Road, then over to Tesla Road. On a longer ride I would go out Tesla all the way to the end and back, but the sun was getting low on the horizon. Took the back roads through Livermore to Sunol, then back to Pleasanton.

I had to go soak my left hand in warm water when I got back home, but it was worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts