Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me , James and Alan met up at Diamonds, had some darn good panckes, took off about 10, the usual of course, 94 to stagecoach to Prescott. There we met Gus, rider that had offered us to ride with his group last Sunday (with Gabe, MIke, James and I) . He tagged along to 10 dwn on O. We then went South on 35 to I think JJ, SS, dwn on N (James can maybe tell you about his experience ;)). We filled up gas in Pepin, and Gus had to leave us. So we went on to Wabasha looking for 60, on our wat there we met Pat, another fellow 998 rider. He led us on 60 upto 52 where he split. We kept going till we hit 7. By now the clouds are hovering over our heads, weather is gettin chillier, but we tuffed it out and rode our beloved 7. We eventually got caught in the rain by the time we hit 316, but all is well, we made it home ( without anyone of the pros watching over us rookies :eek:) . Did i miss anything guys???

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Man am I tired...that was a long haul. I think the sprinkle at the end took it out of me.

We went through Stockholm, and as we were prepping to leave, my gas light was starting to blink on. We figured we would have enough to make it to prescot taking some of the back roads, so off we went.

Well, about 3 miles from Prescott, my engine cut out. Gus gave me the good idea of tipping my bike as far over as I could to suck the tank dry of anything remaining. Sure enough, it started up and off we went. I got it up to speed, but it died on me again. Thankfully, I coasted right in front of someones house who had a tank of gas. They came out laughing. They immediatly knew what happened, as they had been in a similar situation.

Allen had topped off just shortly after I did, so he knew he was going to be sputtering shortly thereafter. His bike pretty much died pulling into the gas station :)

That was fun. Hwy 60 was much better than I thought it would be for a major highway.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
sounds like quite a ride. i went on a solo trip to wabasha (from mankato) on saturday. took hwy 60 most of the way also. quite windy too. does gus ride an RC51? if so, its the same gus i have met. very nice. hopefully sometime i can meet up with some of you yet this fall. tough for me being so far south though. enjoy the rides. Dave.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey oldschool55,

It is probably a different Gus. This guy has a 2006 GSX-1000 along with a "honda 1000." I was under the impression that it was another inline 4 (aka CBR note RC51)

He was about 5' 10", longer hair, had an foreign accent. Nice guy.

Anyway, you should meet up when we ride Hwy 60 sometime. Are there any kick ass roads we should know about southwest of the Twin Cities?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
No foreign accent. He was Native American. Really nice guy. When we sputtered into Pepin to get gas, he said he had to take off since he had to be in the cities by 2:00 or his wife would kill him. It was 1:30 when he left. Hopefully he is still alive :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts