Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a Sportbike Track Time track day at Jennings. My second outing on a track and my first on the Ducati.

The track sessions were run a little differently than when I went up for the Keith Code school in Sept. But a lot of similarities, too. Overall, another great experience. Novices like myself get to ride in a group with similar skills and faster people ride in faster groups. The Novice group was further divided into subgroups. Some people were shifted between subgroups to get them in a group with the right pace. Pretty good system. Classroom type instruction for the Novices is included.

Got to meet Colin Edwards and got him to autograph my daughter's helmet. Several people were pushing their bikes in the line and getting his autograph on the bikes. He did some hot laps on an Aprilia with the special women's session after lunch. One of two women on Ducs with the ducatiwomen.com logo on them was hanging right with Colin. I saw a peek of daylight under her rear wheel once as she braked for turn 1. She had that Duc flying! Watching her and Colin going down the back stretch out of turn 1 was awesome - visibly Real Fast!

I think managed track day experiences like any of the good schools, or membership type organizations like Sportbike Track Time are the way to go. The squid hazard is all but eliminated. And you meet a great bunch of people. Saw a few folks I had met there in Sept and made more new friends.

And even though I'm still way off race pace, I did manage to knock 3 seconds off the best lap that I had done on the California Superbike School Kaw 636. (Maybe more, but my daughter was timing a friend on one of my fastest sessions) And this was on my Avon AV 45/46 ST tires. ;D Other than touching down the sides of my toes a few times, the Monster was great fun on the track.

Can't wait to do again.

G

·
Re: Ride Report - Sportbike Tracktime At Jennings

Sounds like you had a great time . I hope to give it a try as soon as i can get it together. A $25.00 well spent Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ride Report - Sportbike Tracktime At Jennings

For anyone interested - www.killboy.com did the photo duties on track that weekend. The pics are now posted on their site and are categorized by day/group.

I only rode Saturday and was the only (yellow) Monster in the Novice group. No spectacular riding, but in the closer shots check out the fake headlight I made from an old aluminum pan (I hate removing tape and glue residue) ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts