Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Living here in north O.C. Anyone know of any mellow but interesting, not so of the twisty kind, routes to take....say within a days drive...spanning from north LA county down to north San Diego county....???

Hate to say it but I feel as though I prefer more winding, drawn out scenic roads as opposed to the standard twisty mountain roads where you have to be "on your game" so to speak...instead of just kickin back and chilling out.

Do I dare say I'm a cruiser??
Maybe I should get a H.D....they're nice.......for me to poop on!

'z' to the 'a' to the 'e n'.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Isn't ortega Highway a nice road that fits this description? Not too tight and scenic!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
No I wouldnt say your a cruiser Zaen, Id just factor that you havent found your particular comfort level yet. I have been riding since I was, well a long time ago. Itll take some time. Dont hurry it, always ride YOUR pace on the rides. We'll always wait somewhere along the route for you. The other things is we dont always ride super technical stuff, I cant wait for a ACH ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Santiago Canyon Road. It's scenic and not very demanding. You can hit it from the 241 Toll Road or head north on Jamboree and turn left on Chapman.

When you hit Cook's Corner turn left and continue towards O'Neill Park. That's the best part of the run.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Zaen,
Yes, try the Santiago route that BPR has posted. I ride that quite frequently and it's about as good as it get's in over developed Orange County. You can even stop at Cook's Corner and get a cool drink and sandwich and take a break while you get a load of the Hog Fans.
Too bad Orange County does not have a better network of connecting back roads...our tough luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts