Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far the forecast calls for clear skys and 60. anybody up for a ride?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I may be up for a ride...I have a couple things that may get in the way &
it will be later in the week before I can commit. if i can get everything done, I'm there.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SAducati said:
I may be up for a ride...I have a couple things that may get in the way &
it will be later in the week before I can commit. if i can get everything done, I'm there.
meet at a coffee serving establishment in the morning, ride to the leakey area. eat. ride. get gas. pass gas. ride. then come home. sound like fun? add any details that would be helpful. if people want to ride, lets find a spot that works for everybody. starbucks coffee is similar to battery acid, there is a good coffee place in hebner oaks called "its a grind". let me know.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elmonstro said:
about what time. i'm down to ride but i work till midnight on saturday.
anytime. how much riding do you want to do? have you been to the vanderpool area yet?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elmonstro said:
i can meet around 11:00am. i'd like to ride for a few hours or more. how about you?
that sounds good. to get to the good roads means an all day ride. if no other san antonioans show up, maybe we are all talk! :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
As i said earlier, I would love to ride...an all day affair probably will not fit in my schedule this weekend.
If y'all want to plan a shorter ride for Sat or Sun, I could swing that for sure.
I don't want to interrupt anybody's plans-if you're set on a long ride...we'll have plenty of chances to get together later.

A run to Luchenbach & back will eat up a couple hours, with an hour or so in between to hang out & visit.
It's an easy ride, so the beginning riders won't have to work hard to keep up.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SAducati said:
As i said earlier, I would love to ride...an all day affair probably will not fit in my schedule this weekend.
If y'all want to plan a shorter ride for Sat or Sun, I could swing that for sure.
I don't want to interrupt anybody's plans-if you're set on a long ride...we'll have plenty of chances to get together later.

A run to Luchenbach & back will eat up a couple hours, with an hour or so in between to hang out & visit.
It's an easy ride, so the beginning riders won't have to work hard to keep up.
i have no idea where that is. sounds ok. i dont have any plans. even if it was a shorter ride, i think it would be a good idea for all of us to get togeather and ride. the person with the tightest schedule should make the call. if others want to ride more, they can.

·
Registered
221 Posts
change of plans. sunday is good, but i need to be back by at least 4pm. never been up to vanderpool, that would be cool. i live off huebner near "it's a grind" so meeting there is good for me. for brevity's sake...i'm in, just need time and place (earlier is better since i'm going out of town).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Luchenbach is west out of Blanco.
it's nice long 2 lane road with hills & some nice seeping curves, not as technical as some of the hairpins around the Bandera area...but fun all the same.
If everybody agrees, we could meet at Specht's store at 11am. (where all the sportbikes meet on Wednesday nite)
that would give us plenty of time to ride & those that need to be back by 3 or 4 will have a little cushion time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
SAducati said:
Luchenbach is west out of Blanco.
it's nice long 2 lane road with hills & some nice seeping curves, not as technical as some of the hairpins around the Bandera area...but fun all the same.
If everybody agrees, we could meet at Specht's store at 11am. (where all the sportbikes meet on Wednesday nite)
that would give us plenty of time to ride & those that need to be back by 3 or 4 will have a little cushion time.
never been to specht's. menu looks good, but their website says they're closed on new year's eve. any place open in the am with food and caffeine besides starbucks is cool with me. i really don't know of too many joints that aren't out of the way we're headed besides the typical (jim's, etc....)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry...wasn't really planning on eating there, just an easy place to meet & it points us in the right direction
If y'all really need coffee at 11am, then you could probably rendezvous with other like minded folks & enjoy a nice hot beverage and then meet at Specht's at 11.
too much liquid & food in your belly causes alot of stops while on the road.
I carry a bottle or two of water and a snack & that usually covers it.

If you haven't been to Specht's store, it is easy to find.
head north on Blanco at 1604.
About 10 milles outside the loop, (past Timberwood subdivision) take a right at Specht road. (the first right after the park...The park is about 2 miles past Timberwood)
on blanco rd there is a small white sign on right advertising Specht's. turn & follow past the soccer fields & around the bend. you can't miss it.

Also, forgive me if I am hijacking anybody's plans....If anybody has any other suggestions or rides they would rather do, just speak up.

·
Registered
221 Posts
SAducati said:
Sorry...wasn't really planning on eating there, just an easy place to meet & it points us in the right direction
If y'all really need coffee at 11am, then you could probably rendezvous with other like minded folks & enjoy a nice hot beverage and then meet at Specht's at 11.
too much liquid & food in your belly causes alot of stops while on the road.
I carry a bottle or two of water and a snack & that usually covers it.

If you haven't been to Specht's store, it is easy to find.
head north on Blanco at 1604.
About 10 milles outside the loop, (past Timberwood subdivision) take a right at Specht road. (the first right after the park...The park is about 2 miles past Timberwood)
on blanco rd there is a small white sign on right advertising Specht's. turn & follow past the soccer fields & around the bend. you can't miss it.

Also, forgive me if I am hijacking anybody's plans....If anybody has any other suggestions or rides they would rather do, just speak up.
sorry for the misunderstanding. sounds like a good place to meet for the route to me. i usually don't eat breakfast but i don't mind having coffee or any tasty beverage before heading off. i have no plans so if anybody wants to meet before 11 for coffee or whatever, drop a line. if not, i'll meet at specht's at 11.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
martinelli said:
sorry for the misunderstanding. sounds like a good place to meet for the route to me. i usually don't eat breakfast but i don't mind having coffee or any tasty beverage before heading off. i have no plans so if anybody wants to meet before 11 for coffee or whatever, drop a line. if not, i'll meet at specht's at 11.
why dont we meet around 9. that will give people time to be late, and give us enough time to get a decent ride in without feeling rushed if people need to be somehwere. not that im accusing people of being late or lazy, but i know how things can go. even if that place is closed we could still meet there. my vote is for 9 am. ill be gassed up, caffinated, fed, and ready to gas out. [thumbsup]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
martinelli said:
i'll be there at 9 or shortly thereafter.
cool. anybody else going? that should give us a bounch of time to get a good ride in. [clap]

1 - 20 of 127 Posts