Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....i know some of you have given up (MO) and put your bike away for the season. But......I saw a weather report saying that Sunday will be 59 degrees. So, if this is true.....would anybody be intersted in meeting up for a short ride? I think I will try to go either way so I can at least put fresh gas and air in the tires before I put it up for good. Since it is November....there could be 6 inches of snow in a week. :mad:

We could meet up at Diamonds at 10:30 or so. It will be a little warmer than meeting up at 9 or 10.

Let me know.

Westy

·
Registered
616 Posts
??? what is this? pick on Mo week? [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I'm booked for this weekend, but may try to get a few more miles in next week.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Whoever is going lets meet up at about 10:45. This will be a short ride as I have no idea were to go yet. I will check back later to see if the start time is OK. See ya there if you are going.

Westy

·
Registered
98 Posts
time is good, how short of a ride r you thinking?, like, 1 hour or 4? Im good for either. ill see you tomorrow.
one little thing, where is this place were meeting? i have looked through all the post but i cant find the address, a little help if i could lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know how you plan on coming into the city.......so I will start with a familiar land mark....where Betty's used to be. Go to the gas station (SUPER AMERICA?) that is across the street from the old location (Betty's). Take that short road that leads to the other side of the station. The road on the other side of the gas is Central AV. Take a right (NB) turn and go on Central past Broadway. After you get past Broadway Av, look to the left, Diamonds is about three city blocks further down on your left. I will try to park my bike out in front. If you don't feel comfortable with the directions. I will check back tommorow B4 I leave and we can do plan B. Plan B is to meet at the old Betty's location. See ya tommorow. I am only planning on riding for a little while...like a couple of hours, but we'll see how the temperature and the ride goes.

Westy

·
Registered
96 Posts
So are you guys coming my way or staying on the MN side? If you are coming over to the alphabet got any idea when you'll hit Prescott or Pepin? I don't really want to ride to MPLS to go play in my backyard but I would happily join up with ya'll and show you a couple of the lessor known fun roads.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i would love to do the alphabets, those are some of my fav roads. but if were doing that i dont think i would go all the way to minneapolis then backtrack all the way back down here. what do you think westy? we could meet over this way (i live right where HW94 hits WI) let me know. But if i dont hear from you ill be at Diamonds at 10:30ish

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is fine. Where do you want to meet? I was thinking maybe somewhere in Stllwater. Depending on the temperature I might not be out all that long. I will check back later about 10a.m. before I head out. I will need about 45 mins to get to Stillwater.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
there is a starbucks or somthing like it right on 95 (the main n-s street) at the very southend of town on the west side of the road, it has a little outside pattio area in front, and it looks like its built right into the side of the hill how about there at 10:30-10:45

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good....see you there in about an hour or so...anybody else watching this thread you are welcome to join us. The route is yet to be determined.

Westy

·
Registered
30 Posts
just in case you guys are surfing mobile, keep an eye out for a black triumph speed triple. dan's on his way.

I'LL JUST SIT HERE IN THE DARK, NURSING MY BROKEN LEG. :'(

·
Registered
98 Posts
"The best ride of the year", thats how i see it, ill let one of the other guys tell ya'll where we went, cuz i have no clue. But it was a blast

·
Registered
616 Posts
What are you trying to say? ::)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think he's trying to say you put it up to early. ;) We took Stagecoach form Stillwater to Prescott. Speedfreak20 led that part because I'm not familiar with the route. I took them north on O to a shortcut over to county rd K then we took a right on KK which connects to Hwy 63 south on 63 to cty rd VV which dumps you back out on Hwy35 then we went to my house because the Buell started leaking oil (yeah, yeah, let the Harley jokes begin) where I switched to SLO!!!!s 900SS we went back to 35 and took K to the secret twisty secondary roads. westy and Speedfreak went home then so the secrets still safe. By the way that was too short to be the best ride ever but it was fun and at a spirited pace. Spirited yeah that's it spirited. Next year I'll show you the fun stuff, this ride didn't have enough blind, decreasing radius, off camber scary stuff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
well i have only been riding for about 5 months lol, it was great to me [thumbsup] but i will be expect more next year, so you'll have to show me some of that crazy stuff

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can do that but you have to promise to adjust your suspension young man. That bike has so much more go in it if it's setup correctly you'll be amazed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.