Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DC, if it turns out to be nice, want to meet out this way (Great Falls) and continue west into horse country. Another option would be to head up to Speed's open house, though the roads in that direction are way more crowded.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'd love to get out for a ride this Saturday afternoon. Where would we meet up to start? I'd like to see the Open House since I've never been there before but I'm up for anything guys.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hey, I'm down with both rides doesn't matter to me. I've been out to Great Falls to ride a few times and always had a blast the open house sounds cool too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allright guys, since I started this, how about we meet at Gillette Coffee, in the Great Falls shopping center. (the address is 9885 Georgetown Pike). Its about a ten minute ride from the beltway, depending of course, on traffic. I've got a couple of ideas on where to ride. I'll bring maps and we can figure out which one your up for. I think maybe we try to take as many back roads as possible up to Speed's, see whats going on there, and then head over to Ellicott City for lunch (or vice versa). I know some great roads up that way!!

Pick a time and let me know. My name's Tom and you can reach me on my cell at 443-838-8998.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Ok, so I'm coming from 66 on the Beltway, I'm gonna what to get off where & then go...?

I may be headed out of town for the day with the wife. I'll try to post in the AM if I can make it or not.

Hope to see you all,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ducatz, if it's just the two of us riding I can meet somewhere else, I'm flexible. If you want to meet in Great Falls, take the beltway north from 66. Georgetown Pike (also called Rt.193 on maps) is just after Tysons Corners. Go west for about 5-7? miles to the first thing that looks like a shopping center. The coffee shop is the building just behind the Shell station.

If you can make it, call my cell phone number and let me know, otherwise I'll make other plans.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Tom & Darrell, what time are the two of you thinking about getting out? I was thinking about 1o or 11 then be out for a couple or three hours. What do you think?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in the Ellicott City Area and I would love to meet you. I could show you a few good roads as well.

When would you be in the area.

·
Registered
856 Posts
11:00 would work great and go out for 2-3 hrs

My cell: 202.255.0527

·
Registered
132 Posts
I any of you are planning to do college blvd or new cut roads in Ellicott City. They have been tarred and graveled a couple of months ago.

Alot of roads have had this done up here in Howard County recently. Watch out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good. 1100 AM it is. We can decide how far and which direction over coffee.

Diverrick, I don't know if we're going to head up that way or not. I guess it depends on the collective decision tomorrow. Can we call and meet you somewhere if we do. Maybe the Ellicott City brewery for lunch?

Tom

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Great Ride guys, thanx. On the way back I was riding parallel to you two for a on 66 while I was on 55. I didn't quite catch you when I got onto 66. It was nice to finally meet you Tom & glad to meet you Darrell. I hope we can do it @ least one more time before it gets too cold here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ducatz, good to meet you too. Next time we'll have to plan it when there are less tourists gawking at the leaves. Let me know how Skyline drive was, we'll have to ride it sometime.

Tom

·
Registered
856 Posts
Definitely a fine ride...long but lots of fun.

I'm thinking about skipping out of work Wed or Thurs and riding down Skyline Drive. Weather

1 - 18 of 18 Posts