Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DOG's,

I have a bunch of vacation days that I have to use or lose (why didn't I use them this summer? so stupid). Anyway, I am taking off and going on a ride this Friday (probably bouncing back and forth between WI 35 and WI 10).

Does anybody have off and would like to go for a ride? Speedfreak, I know you work weird hours.

Late notice, but I thought that it would be worth a shot. Weather.com says cloudy and 55 F (but it will stay under 50 all next week).

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Why ride here? Burn them on a road trip to NC or someplace with cool roads and hills ;D

I'm just jealous 'cuz I can't ride this weekend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have that many days, and I've got nobody to ride with. I would feel lonely after the first day.

Good idea though. Maybe next year I could join someone for a long distance trip.

·
Registered
616 Posts
:mad:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I liked the idea of 55F more too. That is what it was listed as early last night. The current prediction is a high of 48F.

I am still going. I will probably head out around 10 inorder to let it warm up a little as well as avoid traffic. I am then going to drop the bike off at Silverback around 5:00 PM (no later than 6:00). I am finally going to get a PCIII installed along with getting it tuned. After that I am going to enjoy a thrilling bus ride home while people look at me wondering why I have a helmet and "ski boots."

Who's in?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Brew Crew said:
After that I am going to enjoy a thrilling bus ride home while people look at me wondering why I have a helmet and "ski boots."

Who's in?
[laugh] [laugh] Safety precautions man, its all about safety. I wud suggest u put on a one piece, just in case [laugh]

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's MEA today and tomorrow and tomorrow's my parenting day. I'm taking my kid to Ellsworth to visit SLO, who broke her ankle a few weeks ago. But I bet we could talk her into an outing and meet ch'all for a late lunch if you're around Prescott, Ellsworth, or Red Wing...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Brew Crew said:
Yeah, I liked the idea of 55F more too. That is what it was listed as early last night. The current prediction is a high of 48F.

I am still going. I will probably head out around 10 inorder to let it warm up a little as well as avoid traffic. I am then going to drop the bike off at Silverback around 5:00 PM (no later than 6:00). I am finally going to get a PCIII installed along with getting it tuned. After that I am going to enjoy a thrilling bus ride home while people look at me wondering why I have a helmet and "ski boots."

Who's in?
[laugh] You should also wear a bright orange life jacket! I don't think anyone will mess with you on the bus. [laugh]

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am actually off tomorrow. ;D I was thinking about going for a ride, but 47 sounds COLD. I was thinking about staying around here...I have'nt rode but once this month for about 30 mins. I NEED to ride before it gets too cold...aka SNOW. I don't know if I want to ride aLL the way to WI in 47 degree weather.

I will think about it. 10 might be a little early for me. If you did want to consider riding over this way we could meet in the middle so no one has to ride in the cold for long. i probably won't ride but a few short hours before I freeze.....don't have any of those fancy electric thingys that Desmo Elmer has.

I will check back on this topic later.

Westy

Westy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Westy, you think that scuba diving under a sheet of ice is a good idea. You are the last one that I thought would bail because of the weather. I am just going to put on a bunch of layers under my leathers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok, seems pretty casual, so I'm going to retract our socializing. I keep obsessing on these cucumber sandwiches from Lucias that I was going to bring and that is starting to trump all of you. [cheeky]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Where are we meeting? I haven't been to diamonds yet. Are we still meeting at 10. I'll check back later. (I am talking myself into going, I will go ...I must go B4 snow)

Westy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, Westy, if you want to go a little later, how about we meet at Diamonds around 10:00 and get on the road by 10:30. It is located at 1618 Central Avenue Northeast . Central is 65 if you are coming from the North.

Anyone else that is lurking feel free to come. I will be on the road by 10:30.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ok....I will try to be there at about 10 or so. If for some reason I can't make it, I will try to post again. The bike has not been started in two weeks....so i hope the battery is good. It has been in the garage...but that is not heated. [thumbsup]

Westy

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey, I get off work at noon, I'm in Eagan, any chance I meet up with you boys somewhere?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You than welcome to join us, but I don't know where we will be. My cell phone number has been sent in a PM.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well we did it [clap]. It was COLD, but the smile on my face from riding is now frozen till next spring.

After meeting up at Diamonds, we went to BOB's CYCLE SUPPLY to get Brew a balaclava to stop his ice cream headache. Then we took 35E to 61 and then took HWY 8 heading to Taylor's Falls. Before we got to Taylors Falls we took 95 back to Stillwater. At Stillwater Brew and i split up because he wanted to keep riding till he turned his bike over to SilverBack. I slabbed it home because I had other stuff to get done today.

Great Ride Brew...thanks. I hope the rest of the ride went good. See you guys at italian night if we have one in November.

Westy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Cant beleive u guys rode :eek: .. im almost tempted to pull out my snowmobile gear, now that ll keep me warm for sure, may look like a clown but oh well.... Anybody riding this wekeend? ;D .. i wanna get my suspension setup right on mine. and see how much better i can do [thumbsup]. possibly alos put some frame sliders on

1 - 19 of 19 Posts