Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you lot....

It appears that no one is joining me (and Mille the 122 rwhp S4r) the the Island on November 21, so I just booked another ride day on December 14 to give you all another chance...

Anyone wana come and play?? Being the only Monster wont be fun.... I would peer group support!!!

Ita

G

·
slob said:
you juz want to kick butt in front of us don't ya.
If I were in Melb, I'm come along just to see Ita's bad ass monster kick jap bike arse all over the Island.

We need pics and preferably a vid of the day!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slob said:
you juz want to kick butt in front of us don't ya.
As long as I don't land on me butt it will be a good day!!!

Ita

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goldFiSh said:
If I were in Melb, I'm come along just to see Ita's bad ass monster kick jap bike arse all over the Island.

We need pics and preferably a vid of the day!
The 21st will be a sighting day.... I haven't been on the track since my Kawa was stolen (2004) and not sure how the Monster will behave!!! I'm sure to be playing with the suspension and destroying the OEM pilot sports.

On the 14th with my eye in, new set of tyres (probably BT014s) and a better set up bike I'll try to upset a few of my mates on their rice burners. There's about 10 of us going with a wide variety of bikes!!!

Ita

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pic of me having fun...

It was taken during the 1st session whilst I was struggling big time to come to grips with the bike at the Island for the first time... I was constantly in the wrong gear and missing apexes by miles...

That is why look like a startled deer in the hunters spot-light...

I was quite uncomfortable initially and suffered big time with a fogged up visor!!! But I settled down and my last session of the day was just great, I felt very relaxed, lapped smoothly, was not passed by anyone, but did lotsa passing and was surprised to see the checkered flag ending the session, as I had pulled in before the end of every other session through fatigue/frustration... I need to get bike fit...

I used to do 1.57s on my RGV, flat 1.59s on my (highly modified) ZRX and my best timed lap on the Duc yesterday was a 2.09. That was in my 3rd session when I was just starting to get comfortable. In the 2nd session my best was 2.12... I reckon by the end of the day I would have been in the vicinity of 2.06 or a little faster...

My next outing is on the 14th and now that I have all my gear changes and braking points down pat (in the last session I was just laping and not even thinking about gears and brakes) I will just work on corner lines/apexes and getting off the bike for more corner speed.

Oh yeah the bike was just great... I had plans of suspension tuning and was worried about the Pilot Sports, but the bike just went were it was pointed and never complained. I was getting 235kph (no head shake at all..) indicated over the start/finish line as I grabbed 6th and only hit the rev limiter once, when I tried to hold 4th to long after exiting turn 12. In my last session I was getting the front wheel off the ground in 3rd gear on the exit of Siberia up the hill towards turn 7.

Seriously looking forward to the 14th and the next track day!!!!

Ita

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone signed up for the 14th???

I have a bunch of mates coming down but I'm the only Monster!!!

Ita

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts