Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA. I regret to say that my S2R probably has about 50 more miles than it did on the last time I saw you all at Rhodeside. I should really get some cold weather gear... anyone have any suggestions for a jacket and gloves?

weather.com says there will be a high of 69 (Holy Cow!) with only a 10% chance of rain this Saturday. I haven't been out riding in ages and I can't pass up that kind of weather. Anyone wanna go for a ride that morning? I'm just outside of Dulles... but I'm willing to go as far north as Frederick, MD or far south as Luray, VA for a group ride.

Hope everyone had a good new years! ;D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Aerostich roadcrafter suit!...and some gore windstopper insulated layer stuff!...mine is from Mountain Hardwear....as far as gloves....I highly reccomend the Tour Master Carbon Cold Front gloves!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ducati Culture, Ulgy Duc and me make 3! That's a good start for a group.

Speaking of starts where would you guys like head out from? I'm in Dulles and we've set out from the parking lot of Wegman's off Waxpool and Rt 28 (over by the Ferrari dealership). Would that work or do you need something closer to where you are?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in. I'm not far from Dulles (Purcellville), but you guys name the place I'll be there.

I've been out of the loop too. Working on a project on the Gulf Coast of Texas, but back in town for a few weeks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm about 85% likely in and possibly +1

BTW- last night at Rhodeside Old Ducker and I were talking about the forecasted good weather and a ride on Saturday. He led Jeff_S2R1K, Yuu, me, and I think "F"Ugly Duc (skcus hsub) :eek: on quite try-state adventure originating in Herndon last July.

//tb

·
Registered
915 Posts
Dulles,

Ok that's close to me out here in Ashburn also, so it sounds like I'm obligated to make an appearance. Right now I'm 50/50 depending on weather, amount of sleep, etc.... Post up here with meeting place and time and I'll see what I can do :)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
lucrecci said:
Ducati Culture, Ulgy Duc and me make 3! That's a good start for a group.

Speaking of starts where would you guys like head out from? I'm in Dulles and we've set out from the parking lot of Wegman's off Waxpool and Rt 28 (over by the Ferrari dealership). Would that work or do you need something closer to where you are?
Ok I am starting to wake up now. What time do we need to be in the parking lot on rt 28 Anybody pulling out with me? ;D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Direction To the fast cars which is near the lot : info from here :

http://www.fwash.com/fwash/con-dir.htm

All roads lead to Ferrari of Washington.

From U.S. 495 (the Washington Beltway),
take the Dulles Toll Rd. (Route. 267 West).

Stay on the toll roads.
Exit at Route 28 North/Sully Road (Exit 9B).
After 2.0 miles take the Waxpool Road exit
(left exit Route 625 West).
Turn right at the first stop light, Pacific Blvd.
Go straight through the first stop sign at
Commercial Dr.
At first light after stop sign, turn right on Towlern Place and go to the end of the road to FMoW.
Last driveway on right.

From Route 7, take the Dulles Airport Exit
(Route 28 South).

Several miles down the road, you will see Ferrari Maserati of Washington on your right.
Take the Waxpool exit (Route 625 West)
which is immediately past FMoW.
Turn right at the first stop light, Pacific Blvd.
Go straight through the first stop sign at
Commercial Dr.
Turn right on Towlern Place and go to the end
of the road to FMoW.

From Baltimore
Take U.S. 95 South to 495 West towards Silver Spring. Continue into Virginia to the Dulles Toll Road and
follow above directions.

From Richmond
Take U.S. 95 North to 495 West toward Rockville. Follow U.S. 495 to the Dulles Toll Road. and follow above directions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll be there. Did we decide on a time? Can someone call my cell, 301-641-8184 and let me know the time, I won't have internet access before tomorrow morning.

I'll map out a route for us and if someone comes up with a better one we can use theirs. I'm thinking maybe Route 9, maybe 671, Cider Mill Road, maybe Snickerville Turnpike, or someplace out in that area.

·
Registered
222 Posts
dc,
i'm in. do you want to meet up at eastern market again and ride out together? if not eastern market let me know where and when.
//tb

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm three hours south but would love to ride. Am I a whimp if I trailer up???? Just hate to get stuck there if it rains.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
is someone going to post a ride report? those of us that werent able to ride saturday are living vicariously through those that did. ;)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
eettare said:
is someone going to post a ride report? those of us that werent able to ride saturday are living vicariously through those that did. ;)
Yeah.....I couldn't go riding per sey....but I did run errands on my Duc.....got called hardcore by a bunch of Beemer riders at Bob's BMW when I showed up to pick up my roomate's new seat.....which when I was bungee-ing this 4.5 foot long by 18 inch tall by 2 foot wide box to the back....they just kept gawking and commenting....many in just general disbelief....some of them thought my bike was broken cause of the dry clutch which was a funny... the service writer on duty came out and gave me the thumbs up and explained to one of those gentleman that the sound they were hearing is quite normal!....was funny to say the least!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.