Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently asked the guys at my local Duc shop for assistance in helping me blow my tax return on a set of high mount Termis (w/ chip & performance air filter -- the whole package) for my 695, and they advised me that the high mounts generally mean no more riding 2-up... they even recommended yanking the passenger pegs. As my g.f. really enjoys riding on the back, and I really like the look of the high mounts (1st choice ti, 2nd carbon), can I do both without scorching her calfs?

I've searched the archives and found a few threads that say it should be ok, but nothing specific to ti high mounts on a 695 (or 620, which I'd imagine has a very similar passenger riding position). Anyone running either ti or carbon (high mount) set-up with a passenger onboard?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeap. I have high mount Leo Vinces, Carbon. They get warm, but only that. In my opinion the Ti is stays pretty cool but not as cool as the CF. Never had a complaint.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ciao,

it´s realy not a problem with the passenger

The only hot parts are the stainless parts ... the tube(the carbon parts) are low temp area

It´s nearly the same in titanium

Chris

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
my GF has no problem riding on the back with my high mount carbon Arrow's.....

they are full of po-dunk!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not that Ive had anyone on the back yet but my Ti High-mounts dont get hot at all. After a good hard ride I can place my hands on the exhaust with just a feel of warm but nothing uncomfortable. Like previously mentioned, the only parts that get burning hot is the stainless pipes which are below the foot pegs anyway.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues. If you're paranoid, get some wrap for the steel sections... or blow more cash on Cermaic coatings >:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, jack this thread, by all means -- I want to learn as much as I can about this project before getting underway.

Based on the comments so far, I'm leaning toward the c.f. cans (though I like the look of the ti ovals as well), but am also concerned about the dreaded 'fisheye' effect / discoloration that's been posted in a nearby thread. I've talked to a couple of local folks, who say that clearcoating a c.f. exhaust in a way that looks consistent & good is damn near impossible. Anyone wearing c.f. for 2 -3 years or more, or with heavy miles on 'em?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Zcat 07 said:
Anyone wearing c.f. for 2 -3 years or more, or with heavy miles on 'em?
my 1st set of CF high mounts from FBF which were rebadged SilMotor's were fine...I never clearcoated em...they faded a little...but not as bad as they could have because I kept a fine film of dirt on em! ( I spend waaay waaay more time riding than cleaning )....they were on the bike for about 3 years ....only reason I don't have em on now is because I accidentally 12 'o' clocked and then came over into the right side and slammed down and cracked into 1 can...bent the up-pipe to hell with my rear-set before it broke....I then got a set of slightly used carbon Arrow's towards the beginning of the season last year from another DML'r here and put them on....they haven't been exposured long enough to tell yet...but they look really good...only thing I don't like about em...they just aren't as loud as the SilMotor's I had.....I'd almost look for a repair to the one side can and a new up-pipe and put the old ones back on to a degree.....

M

·
0 Posts
imo dependent on the manufacturer. have cf staintunes on the ss that look new after 5 plus years... high gloss. also have cf arrows on the monster that still look good after 6 years... gloss has reduced but no discoloration, you can see the difference where i shortened the cans and moved the logo plate.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=167&pos=0

http://www.ducatimonster.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=167&pos=1

seen some cf cans that look skanky after a couple of years... delaminations, fading, etc, but still sound plenty good.

as to the high mount question... have had high mount arrows a month after buying the s4. the cans get warm under aggressive riding but that's it. the high mount cf's were actually cooler for the passenger than the stock lows (you could fry eggs on those with the catalytic converter inside)

Zcat 07 said:
Anyone wearing c.f. for 2 -3 years or more, or with heavy miles on 'em?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts