Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I was glad they finally reviewed the S3 without the rose tinted glasses on, it's really not as great as everyone originally raved in '05. Nice motor with an interesting sound but it's nowhere near it's power potential - the 955 triples were making 149hp in the old Daytonas.

But Triumph has sorted the brake issue, it's a problem with the seals in the calipers. The lever travels to the grip the first pull or two before it firms up, so you basically have to pump it for it to work. Seems to affect some of the Sprints as well, it can be fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The S3 boards are still complaining about this, the Daytona 675 doesn't have this issue, it's just the S3 and they've had a couple of years to fix it and have not only done nothing but have been denying it's an issue to most people that report the problem. Many of them have taken to putting GSXR calipers on their bikes which seems to solve the issue. Others have reported replacing the master as having been successful.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
That's the second naked bike review I've seen where the Tuono comes out on top. Might have to look for a test ride.

David B.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if you like the looks of the Tuono it's a great bike. I definitely *don't* like the looks and it's not like I'd use the performance of an S2R1k let alone any of these bikes. [laugh]

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
EvilSteve said:
The S3 boards are still complaining about this, the Daytona 675 doesn't have this issue, it's just the S3 and they've had a couple of years to fix it and have not only done nothing but have been denying it's an issue to most people that report the problem. Many of them have taken to putting GSXR calipers on their bikes which seems to solve the issue. Others have reported replacing the master as having been successful.
Yes, we've had a lot of people coming in thinking "give me a better M/C to fix it" but in reality a seal swap will do the trick. Perhaps a new MC works as well, but it's not what the root of the problem is.

It's not an official thing, but if you take it to the dealer and complain you could likely get them swapped for the fixed items under warranty.

But I didn't say that, because that just creates more work for me at the shop ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts