Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use one? How does it actually differ from standard shifting? Any problems down the road and will replacement cause any warranty issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Anybody use one? How does it actually differ from standard shifting? Any problems down the road and will replacement cause any warranty issues?

Thanks
Well, let's see, instead of 1 down and 5 up, it's 1 up and five down.

Unless you are actually racing, there is no real benefit. Shouldn't impact warranty, you aren't messing with internals.

Biggest drawback is if you let someone else ride bike, and they aren't used to gp shifting. Or you forget.

Are you doing this for an actual reason other than you think it's cool?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Thanks
Yes I have yes I would it is the more natrual way to shift. Allot of racers like it for upshift mid-turn, esp on right hand turns. I like it as I have said it just seems the natrual way to shift and as far as warranties...HA anything is subject to debate when it comes to that!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. Just wanted to see what the fuss is all about. However, something I still am unable to wrap my brain around-how is it that when you turn the shifter backward this causes the shift pattern to change?

Thanks sochuck for the recommendation.

tripod, just think it would be another trick bit to make my riding buddies scratch their heads. Funny too, I might let one ride and not tell them about the shifting. ;D (not really, just might be funny to watch if I didn't think they would f something up)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts