Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 03 M620 a few days back. The problem is, everytime I turn the rev limiter off, the bike stalls at idle.

Do I have to always have the limiter on? What RPMs should I be getting at idle?

I keep the limiter on so my RPM is alittle under 1000 at idle...

Any help is appreciated.

Gus.

·
Registered
376 Posts
UH,......I didn't know you could turn off the rev limiter..... Sorry, that wasn't much help. Mine idles at about 1000 or a little less.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the confusion... the sales person called it a "rev limmiter"and I've been callin it that. ::)
I am actually talking about the switch on the left handle bar, the "cold start lever".
I rode about fory miles yesterday, and finally was able to run with it off... maybe I just had to break the duc in. ???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's the ambient tempurature where you're riding. in the boston area, it's pretty darn COLD. you shouldn't be experiencing this if the weather's nice where you're at (60's+). you may ask your dealer to adjust the idle up 100 RPM or so?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been 60 to 70s... I'll drop by the dealer by the end of the week.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
My S4 was idling low and stalling when I got it. The first service and throttle body adj took care of it. If mine was as bad as you describe, I'd have to take it in.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Not to be a weiner, but I'd be a little worried about the sales staff, the rev limiter and the fast idle lever are two totally different things, and I'd be a little suspicious of anything else he/she told you. Just a thought :).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to be a weiner, but I'd be a little worried about the sales staff, the rev limiter and the fast idle lever are two totally different things, and I'd be a little suspicious of anything else he/she told you.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Maybe someone can enlighten me on what this is? I don't think either of our monsters have this unless we're talking about the choke. Can you post a picture? I'm confused.

Hum. I was just thinking maybe on my wifes '97 M750 it is a choke but on my S4 which is of course FI it's not a choke.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Yes, he was misinformed as to the name of the 'high idle' lever.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I said choke to the salesman and he replied "rev limiter".
I just went "ok...".
So, yes I was talking about the choke/high idle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts