Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Rev-It gear? I am looking into 2-piece gear for some possible track days this year and my dealer just started dealing Rev-It. Supposedly they are pretty popular in Europe.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
www.alaskaleather.com just started carrying it up here too. Seems like great stuff. A bit spendy but well thought out and well made.

Right now I only have a pair of their cold weather adventure pants w/removable liners that I've been using all winter with great success. And their cold weather balaclava. Their sizes are a little different running maybe a little small.

Good luck. Mark H.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Of my 3 jackets, my Rev'it RS2 jacket is the most comfortable and softest even though it's the newest. It's also cut a bit more aggressive than my Ducati Corse jacket made by Dainese.

I have Rev'it gloves too (Ultra), but I don't like them as much as my other gloves like the A*'s and Spidi's. And yes, I'm addicted to gear!

All in all, I think Rev'it makes a great product. The only problem is that their stuff is hard to find. My friend had a lot their gear too and speaks highly of it as well.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
My wife got a RevIt textile jacket for her scooter, and in looking it over, it seems very well made. It has double zippers in front which is an interesting feature. And it has those cool disappearing zippers on the sleeves. (You know, when it is zipped, you can't see the teeth b/c there is some silicone or rubber that covers the zip.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a RevIt Sensor jacket back in October. Fit me great, so comfortable I didn't notice it had armor. First ride in it, I crashed. Low speed, fell mostly on my right side, forearm and shoulder for a roll. The jacket sleeve ripped, now has a few holes. I was surprised to find holes. My jeans were in great shape. The Knox armor was great though. I wrote the company with questions. They recommended I have it repaired, said it was better in slides than being pinched in low speed crashes. Does that make sense to anyone?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I've had my Rev'it jacket since October 2005. It's warm, flexible enough for varied temps, and very comfortable.

IMO, it's a good value for the $$.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I've gotten the Rev'it Cayenne jacket (their hardcore textile jacket), and I've gotten some good use out of it, back when winter was cold that is::) But by far my favorite jacket is the Moto Jacket by Rev'it, which is unfortunately discontinued. It has a great classic look to it, and the leather feels great, and on top of that, the price was unbeatable at less than 300 bucks. It's one of those few jackets that you can wear off the bike and it still looks awesome. Very casual, and classy. My only complaint about it is that I'm too thin to fit into the belly area, so I might have this tailored to better fit my belly-less body....I guess that's what I get for staying in shape :(
I've also worn 2 of their gloves, I'm not a fan of gauntlets, but I have to say, the inferno gloves fit perfect, and the leather breaks in real nice. Prior to the inferno gloves, I had the r59 gloves, which I believe have also been discontinued. These were also a great fit, and while I had them, I wore the hell out of them, but there was a problem with the quality of leather (or seude) they used on the palm. It wore very thin, to the point of almost wearing through. I called rev'it, they called ducati nyc, and I got full credit to buy a new pair of gloves-- [thumbsup]
So all in all, I would highly recommend them; their fits are great, and most importantly, they guarantee a quality product.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I have the Revit Ergo sport touring boots. I'm on my 2nd pair. As long as they keep making this boot, i'll keep buying it. In my opinion its one of the best looking ST boots on the market. At 200 bucks the price is right too.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for their input :) Between the info here and elsewhere, it definately sounds like their gear should be a good investment. I was looking at the RS2 jacket and some pants to match, I just have to wait to see an 07' catalogue and hope they still offer the special all black RS2 jacket!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts