Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Submitted for your approval...... A tasty loop of fine asphalt through the scenic, if somewhat charred, hills of the Angeles National Forest. Saturday 10/18, starting maybe 9am at the Arco station, on Irwindale Ave./Foothill Blvd. just north of the 210 on Irwindale.

Some of you have done this ride before, and know what a fine thing it is. A 73 mile romp through nearly cage free twists and turns. Only occasionally occupied by barely mobile chicanes of bicycles or cruisers, both of which resolutely defend a greedy large patch of pavement, BTW. But we always play nice, as some of 'em do look nice in bicycle shorts.

Some of you newbies may not have been on this road, so come and join us!

To all those Nancys who HAVE been on this road, or HAVE been on an SCMHA ride, and HAVEN'T been riding lately.....

If you've been working when the last few rides have gone off, well, it's a puny excuse, but we'll accept it for what it is. You've got to have money to buy gas to ride. That, and maybe beer and pizza.

If you've been sitting in front of the gogglebox, letting your mind and body rot while watching insanely overpaid knuckleheads knock each other silly chasing a misshapen leather ball around, give it a rest. Let the VCR watch it for you. Come out and use that fine Ducati that you blew (or are blowing) all that cabbage on.

If you've been out tomcatting and swilling alcohol, then nursing a hangover by yourself the next day, at least your priorities are nearly correct. IF you didn't have a Duc. Knock off early, get some rest and ride with us. Besides, all of your friends are starting to call you "The S l u t". (LOL, had to edit this out "The Slut".)

If you've had "family obligations", or yard work, or you're just_too_tired, GET OVER IT! The family isn't going anywhere, they're nowhere near through torturing you yet. The yard will still be there next week. Finally, "tired" doesn't cut it. You can rest when you're dead.

Let's get a big band of Monsters together!

P.S. If you don't post on this thread that youre going to ride, or to offer some [email protected]$$ excuse, I'll PM you.

P.P.S. ADDED BONUS:

Maybe we can find this little morsel:

I think it's just after that park where all the FOPICs clutter up the road.

---------DISCLAIMER------------------------
Above slagging was all in fun, I tried to pick on everybody equally. Let me know if I missed jabbing anybody. Or jab 'em yourself.
------------EDIT----------------------------
Added date, time and place. duh.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about Space Trekkers??
You definitely covered everyone, But i think you missed time and date?

Spaceman
DOH! :p details, details.....the post will be corrected shortly.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
How long should it take to get there from Irvine driving sanely? I need to figure out what time I should leave.

I just did a mapquest for directions and it stated it should take 40 minutes. Sound about right?

Also, I need to check with the wife, but I

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Not able to join you all this time already committed to another ride, but next time! Plan on doing the usual 6:00 AM ride to Newcombs then head on back to Malibu roads to 33 to Cerro Noreste back side of Gorman to N2 to Angeles Forest and home again, home again!! Be careful, be safe and enjoy the ride!

Don't forget the Toyota 200 at Willow is this weekend!!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Ack!!!! :mad:

I just remember I have a commitment Saturday, so I cannot make the ride.

Nick please keep me updated to your local rides because I want to come ride the GMR sometime.

Regards,
AC

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Damn you for posting this. I was hoping there wasn't going to be a ride this weekend because I am a selfish prick ;D ....I have to work weekends for the remainder of this month. Thanks I really appreciate it. Just looking at the map I was remembering how much fun I had on the last ride I was on. BASTAGES bastages..BASTAGES!!!!

I also don't know the area does it start by Pro Italia somewhere?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, don't get too worked up, you're the 3rd refusal in a row......and no confirmations. :(

Working weekends for the rest of the month? Did you park in the boss's spot or is the salt mine getting busy?

Location; meeting spot is about 20 minutes east of PI.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
We are working on a demo so the saltmines can remain open and us saltminers can keep on getting paid. I thought about it though, and I'm going to TRY and make it. I can come in after the ride, and then sunday before the game. I really want to get out there. I have a bud with an 851 that moved here last week so perhaps we can get him involved to. I know a Maybee isn't a FOR SURE but it's better than a NO!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, no complaints, a maybe is the best I got right now!
Bring your bud with the 851 along if you can, that's cool.

If this Glendora-Baldy ride doesn't fly, maybe we can meet for breakfast at the S&W Diner, and do a quick ride on Latigo or something.

I've got traveling plans on my Duc that entail me leaving LA via the 101 North or the 5 North early Saturday afternoon, so I'm basically riding past all of our usual stomping grounds.

We will see how it unfolds....

G

·
My Duc will be here tomorrow...if everything is as I planed (registration, insurance and other fun :-/ stuff) I might get to the boring part - enjoying ;D .
I will post again...
Thanks for the updates.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I am riding Sat. morning for sure. I was planning on doing ACH, but I'll do the GMR/GRR/Baldy ride if there is a turnout. Nick, if this ride doesn't pan out, let me know if you'd be interested in running up toward Newcomb's on Sat. a.m.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some of you newbies may not have been on this road, so come and join us!

OOh but I have......And if you look at the map just below the 5 mile marker on the switchback loop is where my front tire hit the rock and put me face down sliding accross the road and into a turnout. Costing by the way $3,600 to my Duc. :eek: :'(
So you guys be safe... be very safe.
The local paper came out the following week saying, how they might close the road due to so many accidents and deaths. The week before I crashed two teenagers drove off the cliff with skidmarks leading the way.
The main reason they say, is because its very twisty with no guardrails and some areas have no divided road 4,000 feet above sea level. And people like to take the road at highspeeds testing their skill level.
If you go on the road thats printed on the smaller map you'll see thousands of sliding/skidmarks that is actually a destraction when riding cause you almost tend to follow'em.
You know what???....... I'm going to stop talking now, I'm starting to sound like your guys mommy.
All I'm sayin is be carefull on that road.
Its definately a fun ride. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh man, I'd love to join you guys (being from Claremont, GMR is in my backyard) but I'm flying up to Washington this weekend. Curses! But yeah, I'd definitely like to keep updated on future rides...

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Like many others, I'd love to join the fun, but we're going to be swilling fermented grape drinks in Napa this weekend. I'm definitely up for a ride, however, on November 1 - wife is out of town and what else am I going to do?

Mark

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm up for some riding. Comming from Venice so just tell me where to meet for what on Saturday morning and I'll be there.

SCREW THE MAN!

Eric

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yassir, rahtcheer........

Sorry, I've been distracted by this thread:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=NMC;action=display;num=1066205694

YES, THE RIDE IS ON!
After several days of deafening silence, pervasive apathy, and flimsy excuses, we have gathered a total of 3, count 'em, three! SoCal Monsters for the ride.

Let's meet at the Arco gas station
Irwindale exit, North side of the 210
Intersection with Foothill Blvd.

It's just a very short block from the freeway, can't miss it.
Right near the concrete factory.

How about 9:00 am.

I'll post when I get home tonight with a "wake up" exit for those coming from the West. I don't have my map software here at the rock farm.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts