Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife and I drove 15 hours straight to Boston to visit my family for the holiday. No only did we drive non stop (except for gas, and fluid release), we braved the snow, rain, sleet, and dense fog on our 1000 mile drive.

When I reached the city I realized that I'd never own a motorcycle in Boston, well maybe a dual sport. The roads are horrendous! Potholes and recessed man hole covers that resemble portholes to hell, and road patches that look like someone dropped tons of fudge all over the road. It was terrible! I was glad that I had my truck for the on/off roading I was subject to. The weather was pleasant enough around 50 degrees. Not bad for the season.

Went to Newbury Street to visit the Puma store to check out those riding boots they have. UGLY! The front of the shoes were pointed and offered no ankle, nor toe protection. One thing positive about them was the soles. You could put your foot down on the road while doing 45 mph and still have sole for years. Needless to say I didn't cop them.

I did stop by the Ducati dealership in Worcester and was amazed at the IN STOCK Moto Guzzi's, Aprilia's (even scooters) and Ducati's on the floor. I love the look of the Milles' but not the intro prices. I also planned to get up to Laconia, NH to visit BCM Motorsports and Arc Fabrication but BCM was closed due to inventory.

All in all it was a good time. Good to see old friends and family and check out the local riding scene, something I hadn't noticed before. A buddy of mine told me about his selling his bike because most cats only wanted to ride in the city, not in the surrounding suburbs, something I've heard here before.

That was hopeful news to hear as I was so focused on the city that I had forgotten about all the nice backroads in the surrounding towns and suburbs. I will be towing my bike to the Bean in 2007 to check that out!

R.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like a cool trip-- seems like you might even need an atv for some of those street terrains...

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
The Northeast as a whole looks like it would be good riding. I imagine western Mass in the fall has got to be great for riding and scenery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chia said:
The Northeast as a whole looks like it would be good riding. I imagine western Mass in the fall has got to be great for riding and scenery.
True indeed regarding the western portion of MA. I would drive for hours, just day trips to get out of the city. NH as well is great. The more I ponder, a reality enters of this forming into something.

R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts