Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Monster owners, I haven't posted anything for awhile because I'm learning the hard way! After buying a rode hard and put away wet "97" 900 I pretty much stripped it down to find out what it needed, it needed almost everthing. I had N.T. Superbikes in Lewisville adjust the valves and replace the belts, 4 weeks waiting for a shim. I inadvertantly cracked the nut on the fuel sensor ( my fault) $90.00 mistake, front brake line to master cylinder almost rubbed thru on the C.F. instrument bracket, had a new line made in addition to replacing entire rear brake assembly (still ordering parts for that). I ordered a fuel filter from N.T. Superbikes 2 weeks and still waiting, was told it was ordered from a dealership in New Hampshire and was on back order from Italy (in addition to an air box clip) ? Yea Buddy this is really turning into a project...but I'm not beat yet and hope to have it on the road by Christmas. I wised up though and went to AMS today, ordered parts and was disappointed I didn't take everyones advice in the first place...live and learn. Oh yea, I took the side stand off this afternoon as it seemed a little loose, no wonder, instead of a shoulder bolt or what ever it required there was about 9 washers supporting a bolt that was drilled thru the bracket with a nut on the back...Sure shows alot of mechanical integrity (The previous owner works for Bell Helicopter)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Glad you found AMS. The DFW Ducati community is very fortunate to have the best shop in the country in our backyard.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
OX..
Sorry to hear of the problems with the bike! If I can help somehow, shout at me... I live 1/2 a mile from NT Superbikes. I own a wrench... well, oversized pliers at best...
I wish I could say something nice about the said bike shop, but after my son worked there for a month or two, nothing positive ever came up.
Rick in Lewisville
Ducandcover

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ducandcover said:
OX..
Sorry to hear of the problems with the bike! If I can help somehow, shout at me... I live 1/2 a mile from NT Superbikes. I own a wrench... well, oversized pliers at best...
I wish I could say something nice about the said bike shop, but after my son worked there for a month or two, nothing positive ever came up.
Rick in Lewisville
Ducandcover

So you're 1/2 a mile from NT Superbikes, Rick?!? Well, I'm about 4... (1171/Main Street and Shiloh Road). Cool - us Ducs have gotta stick together [laugh]

Hope your bike, OYNX57, gets back on the road soon! Hang in there (AMS rocks!)

Lisa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts