Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks as I sit here at work earning my precious coin to buy groceries to put in my hole, and I read these wonderful messages from all around the globe, I often wonder where each person is from. Now, I often look at the icons on the left for a location, city, state, country etc. but i never find anything.

I know that I could take my Campione del Mondo and change it to Read "Novato, California" or I could be vain and just say "Marin County, California" I could be a little harder edged and just plain cooler and put "NORCAL", but then I was thinking that I wouldn't really know where everybody else was from, but you would know where I am from.

so enough of my babbble. (remember I am at work and as long as they hear my keys a'rattlin they think I am hard at work developing) I am making a suggestion to add the city/state or country of where folks are...

any thoughts ...not on my rambling, but on the suggestion.

DuckDiggler aka PNSNV

S

·
0 Posts
I'm from NorCal, the Peninsula, Burlingame, Calif. I'd put it below my ID, but then I wouldn't be able to pay tribute to my dog Scooter -- a fine mini-dachshund if there ever was one.

·
Registered
783 Posts
OK. How's that?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Here's something too...hehe..not to be a pain in the ass but now that people are putting images for their sig files I'd suggest a standard size....can that be done on the board..to force a size. I've been on some boards where it gets out of hand and you can't tell what's going on. Everyones images on here are good to go, but they may start getting real big.

Sorry is this causes a ::) it was just a little :-/ by me.

just a suggestion..hahaha

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good idea. I think putting it in the sig if one chooses to should suffice for now, however.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'd put it below my ID, but then I wouldn't be able to pay tribute to my dog Scooter -- a fine mini-dachshund if there ever was one.
Ditto - only mine's a boxer, aptly named Calvin ;D

See signature line instead...

-R.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
We had a thread about this over a year ago and I suggested information about your Monster (or whatever you ride) as well as where you're from in your signature. At a minimum, it helps if you've filled out the part of your profile stating where you're from.

When you ask a question about dealers or about your particular Monster, it's a lot easier to provide a good answer if I can quickly figure out what state or country you're from and what year and model of bike you have.

As for images, I would propose a limit of 100 pixels high by 600 pixels wide. That would keep the signature area from getting out of hand.

R

·
0 Posts
Bike specs are good to have in a sig or profile so the tech experts here can know how to answer model and year specific problems, etc.

I put my location in my profile quite a while ago... didn't really think anything of it until I got a PM a few days ago from a new Monster owner from my area... we're getting together for a ride now as a result. So, if nothing else, you might find some new folks to ride with by including the specifics of your locale.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
For some reason I have not been able to change my sig file all day. Is it a temporary problem or is it done someplace other than the edit profile area?

Doc

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HERB,

That is exactly what I mean. I went ahead and just changed my little comment to show bike and location, but it just seems like it would be cool if the Location that is filled out in the Profile could be shown under our picture.

Not a big deal

the diggla'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts