Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning DMlers,
Its time for a oil change so I called up ducati of Richmond and get my essential goods for a oil change. I finally get the package and low and behold. There is NO amsoil 20w50 its Respol Moto Racing 10w50. So I get on the phone and see what going on. Per the Sale/Parts Rep. They have authorization from Ducati to use that particular oil and its considered and all around oil. Iam taking a chance here by switching from amsoil 20w50 to Repsol 10w50 and has anyone had any similar experiences? dc

Ps : FYI Repsol 4l - $45.95

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just picked up a some oil from my dealer and they gave me the same thing. Mine was about $50.00 also.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ADG said:
Mobil 1 synthetic.... cheap, and found at most auto parts stores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc....

*yawn*
Automotive? - I use in the truck Or Motorcycle?

I am just asking I dont want to get into the War of oils topic [laugh]

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I just get on the Amsoil web site and order a case and have it shipped ups ground. Nobody sells it around here otherwise.

·
Registered
517 Posts
from what i've read the lower difference in weight, the better... i've just started using amsoil 10w-40, after previously using 20w-50. both have a difference of 30, where your 10w-50 has a 40 point spread. i went to the lighter weight based on what was in "the oil thread" i can get the regular amsoil 10w-40 at a local auto parts store for less than $7 per quart, which means i can change my oil for less than $21 (filter and washers not included). it even lists motorcycles as one of the uses on the back of the package [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I would kill to get any make of semi or fully synthetic bike specific oil here , so am using Mobil 1 5w50w automotive in the S4 in Thailand.

oil thread said it was Ok for dry clutch bikes,

Ducati UK also recommend semisynthetic for aircooled bikes like my M750 so i switched from Putoline Motorcycle fully synthetic to semi at last oil change.

In UK many decent oils available but not Amsoil.

In Thailand loads of good truck and car oils but only regular bike oil.
I run my HD in Thailand on pennzoil gold diesel Pickup truck oil and it is really good, Harley themselves admit it is better than car type oils in slow revving HDs.

jerry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Everything you'd want to know about motor oil is here.

It's 15 pages, but it's a very good read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts