Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I have a bent rear brake lever and a shiny new one. I'm looking at the old part right now and wondering how I can replace it. It looks like I'm going to have to pull off the entire right rear set. I was really hoping to not have to do this.

Alright Tech forum gods... am I going to have to start sacrificing virgins?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You do have to take off the rearset, and that does suck. But it will be a good chance to take some scotchbrite to the mounting bolts and get that ugly goldish plating off of them. It comes off pretty easy and then they will polish up real good. Go get em Tiger!!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Why do you consider taking off the rearset a big deal? You didn't say anywhere which year or model you have (Why do so many of you leave that out of your profiles???) but on the Monsters that I'm familiar with you remove a total of three bolts to get the rearset off. Two to disconnect from the frame and one to disconnect from the exhaust. I can't imagine that taking more than about three minutes.

In my experience, taking things apart properly to get to what you're really fixing usually saves more time and aggravation than trying to fix things in place that are hard to get to.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
there is actually 4 total and 1 for the exhaust. the only thing that takes a few more minutes is the spring that doesn't want to stay in place. still it's pretty easy.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
when I bought my bike the blake pedal was bent at a 90 degree angle I didn't have to take the rear set off to take off the pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
What's a blake pedal? Do I need to get one of these for my bike? :angel:

I'm just playing.

Glad to hear you got it worked out XiaoNio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts