Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone have any links to good tutorials on replacing grips on Monsters, especially on the throttle side? I want to replace mine this wknd, and dont know how to take the throttle side off without messing something up. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Air compressor. Just stick the nozzel in between the grip and the bar and blow. Itll come right off. Do the same with putting it on.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Make sure you use adhesive when putting the new grips on.

You're welcome to drop by my place in the city this weekend to borrow my air compressor. Unfortunately I am out of grip glue. I've hear hairspray works well, but I don't have any of that, either.

I can kinda point and tell you what I think you need to do, but I've only got one functioning arm, so I won't be able to help all that much.

Tigre

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I use a dab of dish soap. Slides right on, dries overnight and sticks. I try not to have a death grip on the bars, so I don't really know how well it sticks.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Also depends what temps you're riding in... If you do some 100+ summer rides, adhesives that aren't aggressive, the grips will slip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.